UJAM Virtual Bassist V2

cclarry

Legendary Low End

Virtual Bassist got even better with version 2.0, designed to deliver ultra-realistic sounding and ‘in the pocket’ bass guitar lines for your productions faster, easier and better than ever before. Get the latest version of ROYAL, MELLOW, and AMBER with MIDI Drag and Drop, a customized Finisher multi-effect built-in with 15 modes, 30 new presets and 20 new styles for each Bassist.

Buy Virtual Bassist ROYAL, ROWDY or MELLOW for $/€ 129 or the Bundle for $/€ 269.

Buy Now

• Thanks 2

MIDI drag and drop is the feature I've always wanted from the ujam basses. I would love to be able to play the patterns on other bass VIs.

However, I'm not sure exactly how it would work, and there's no manual or video.  They sell their products from the full-featured demos, but  you can't really try upgrade demos. They over-write the first version, and  if you install them, I  believe the old version won't work any more. 

Maybe I will check out one of the basses on a different computer.  

From what I can tell, ujam upgrades aren't limited time offers.  There's no time pressure, and there will definitely be a sale at some point. 

All 5 ujam guitars are still version one.  😒 Waiting for that shoe to drop. 

That said, ujam truly does make their instruments better with all their upgrades, and I'm appreciative that they stick with them. 

• Like 1

I did a search and there was a 50% off ujam Summer Sale last year at the end of July.  So you don't have to wait until Black Friday.

But I think it was just  for instruments and bundles. 

Probably if you want to upgrade to version 2 of the basses, you'll just have to pay the undiscounted prices.

For the record: the Upgrade Bundle is $53.68 at Best Service plus a 1.77 BestCoin Bonus.  😀

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I went ahead and upgraded.  I just bought the Bass bundle at the end of Feb, so less than a month ago.

You can drag the MIDI by dragging the top part of the phrase keys.  It has a couple of lines that is the drag "source".

ZFDL7AKstH.gif

Yes, I could see that from their video, but does the MIDI reflect the chords you're playing just as it does live? 

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

For some reason I haven't noticed this plugin.  How is it for creating bass lines? Lots of midi lines or is it limited? Does it need kontakt? And finally, how is it authorized?

All ujam  instruments don't need Kontakt, and are available in VST, AU, and AAX formats.

However, the guitars have NKS, so it pays to load them up in KK if you use that.

There are lots of MIDI lines as well as sound presets.  As you can see, you can change, pickup, character, amp, drive, and use a limited version of their Finisher.

You get it as a fully functional 30 day demo.  If you decide you want it, you click the info tab and it will take you to the website where you can buy and register it.  More about that on the ujam website.

• Thanks 1

If you hold a key/chord while you do the drag it reflects what you are holding.  If you don't you get the same base chord/note.  I suspect if you use the latch mode you might not even need to hold, I didn't try that.  The MIDI it generates do have keyswitch leader notes at C-2 that trigger VB into instrument mode for every note on.  So if you wanted to use that MIDI somewhere else you'd need to lasso delete or filter those keyswitch notes out.

Unlike the guitarist the bass instruments are all playable as instruments, which is a big win. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Unlike the guitarist the bass instruments are all playable as instruments, which is a big win. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Version 2 of the guitars will have playable instruments.  That's the kind of feature that would make people want to upgrade. 

Maybe Finisher and draggable MIDI as well.

• Like 1

I know it sounds like heresy, but I experimented and have for a while now been using the UJAM drums for recording my e-drum MIDI performances.  It sounds great, and is plug and play.  And I'm able to make easy adjustments to the sounds.   I'd been using other drum synths, but found that UJAM's drums actually work really well to capture live drum performances and sound great while tracking.  Then, to top it off, the mixing after the fact is straightforward, lots of different kit and piece sounds, and as needed I can drag and drop in different patterns as additional ideas.

Going for the virtual bass 2.0 packs are an easy decision for me.  I've already been using the 1.0, now with drag and drop MIDI that's a big plus.

• Like 1

Check this out. I went to UJam website and I have an account. I evidently bought Sparkle while on my Surface and didn't want to d/l 3+gb of content over my cell connection. And somewhere down the road I forgot about it!! Duh!

I may pick up the bass plugin once all this virus stuff gets over. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grem said:

I may pick up the bass plugin once all this virus stuff gets over. 

Probably best to wait for the inevitable "sale". Doesn't usually take them long to start throwing some big discounts around.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lawajava said:

I know it sounds like heresy, but I experimented and have for a while now been using the UJAM drums for recording my e-drum MIDI performances.  It sounds great, and is plug and play.  And I'm able to make easy adjustments to the sounds.   I'd been using other drum synths, but found that UJAM's drums actually work really well to capture live drum performances and sound great while tracking.  Then, to top it off, the mixing after the fact is straightforward, lots of different kit and piece sounds, and as needed I can drag and drop in different patterns as additional ideas.

Going for the virtual bass 2.0 packs are an easy decision for me.  I've already been using the 1.0, now with drag and drop MIDI that's a big plus.

This is my guilty pleasure too.  I am heavily invested in Addictive Drums and Groove Monkee patterns.  Plus I have a lot of Groove Agent stuff too.  But once I started enjoying the guitars, I started picking up a few of their drums and beatmakers  through their  deals.

But these are fun, and they work so well with their other instruments.  You definitely can good results with these very quickly. 

9 hours ago, paulo said:

Probably best to wait for the inevitable "sale". Doesn't usually take them long to start throwing some big discounts around.

Yes I will. That's how I got the Virtual Guitar! Somebody said that they had a big 50% off last year in the summer. Will be looking out for that.