PRV, MIDI channels and routing into Kontakt

wunderbier

I'm trying to set up a single instance of Kontakt so that I have a MIDI track per Kontakt instrument/MIDI channel (and out of Kontakt into multiple audio tracks but I already figured this out).

What works: I have multiple MIDI tracks, all set to listen on different MIDI channels, which feed into Kontakt. By changing MIDI channels on my keyboard controller I can switch between playing different instruments in Kontakt and recording on the relevant MIDI track.

However, if I start by editing MIDI in the piano roll view on any track, the PRV defaults to MIDI channel 1, regardless of that track's channel. I can edit the notes to play on a different channel. I can also "select controllers along with notes"; this is fine if there's already data, but still an extra step and doesn't help for a blank track.

Is there a way to make PRV notes default to the MIDI channel of the track they are being added to? Or is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do: multiple MIDI tracks into one instance of Kontakt, out to multiple audio tracks?

Let me know if further clarification is needed.

HI:)

Just select the correct MidiChannels in the Midi Output on the seperate Midi Tracks, it doesn't matter then which Midichannel the notes have!

Then to switch between the Instuments, just select the corresponding track....(don't have to switch on keyboard!)

Greetz;)

Bassman.

• Thanks 1

Aha! I had totally missed that drop down on the track strip. I've got it working now, thank you! I actually prefer simply changing the channel on my keyboard so that I don't have to go reaching for my mouse or scrolling through the track pane to find the right track. Cheers!