How do I setup a Korg NanoKontrol 2 - so it works in all projects?

pax-eterna

I have tried a .spp file I found for the nano but apart from finding how to import it, not sure how to use it...if I set the nano to Mackie, some sliders work as default over all projects and some don't.

Is there a way to set the nano as an ACT controller that loads automatically for any project? IE I do not have to reset the controls (or re-do "learn") each time? I know I can use the basic.cwt but I'd much rather have it as a "generic" setting.

Thanks

Edited by pax-eterna

thanks (I posted the question on the second link, hopefully I can get some answers there :) ) - in the interim I have managed to get it working via the MACKIE Control preset...however when I assign one of the knobs to the main volume slider it only jumps from -71 to -8 to +6 ?? all the knobs are the same - afaik, in MACKIE they are supposed to be full range, IE 0-127.

Any ideas?

Edited by pax-eterna

7 minutes ago, pax-eterna said:

Thanks SK - that is the one I am using. I posted a question on the thread he participated in, but no response so far. His file is good, I just need to be able to modify one knob to a CC # other than "hard wired" to PAN.

Not sure this helps with the nanoKontrol 2, but maybe: on the nanoKontrol 1, I used the Korg configuration editor to assign buttons, knobs, and sliders.  Then (if I need it, such as for the transport buttons to control Cakewalk), AZController does its magic for me.

Edited by User 905133

thanks - yeah I tried AZController, but it just seemed way too complicated. I don't think it allows "midi learn" either. For example using the AZ I could not get Sonar to "see" the transport controls on the NK2 - and setting other parameters, using the screens provided under AZ, seemed like a "spreadsheet jungle" to me hahaha!

okay...I have now got the NK2 to work for Vol Pan mute solo etc etc, using AZController...BUT I cannot get the transport buttons to "learn" anything. There is no option for it to learn...how do you set the transport controls on the NK2 to run in Sonar under the AZController?

Thanks

I was looking through my nanoKontrol 1 Presets for AZController and I have one that with scene 1 lets the sliders control track volumes in Cakewalk plus the start button toggles between play and pause and the stop button stops the Cakewalk Transport.  I don't remember how I set it up, but might be able to reconstruct that this afternoon/evening if it might help. Mine doesn't have MCU mode, but it looks like you aren't using that. If not, my method might work.

Briefly (until I get to look at it), the transport buttons show up as URT [Universal Real Time] commands.  In one (or more) of the AZ Controller tabs, there are transport functions.  Hope this will help get you started.  If not I will try to reconstruct how I did it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have managed to get the Korg nanokontrol studio to work with cakewalk to an extent - at least for the first 8 tracks - using the cakewalk generic surface, BUT can anyone tell me why the write automation button lights when I push the fader  up? I thought I’d set the select button to turn write automation on or off - which it does.