Scrapbook Sky

Hidden Symmetry

Final Mix-

Recorded a doodle using my Squier gtr. then developed into the tutti section then rest of the tune.
Several issues on this. I'm not going to re-cut any of the scratch tracks. I always like to leave the initial germ of the tune even when poorly performed or recorded.

thanks

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 3

You're not going to "punch in" endlessly. What are home studios for! Come on man...
(I kid, I kid!)
Lots of kick on this one on the Bose cans. Lovely sound stage.
Kind of reminds me of Little House I Used To Live In, I think that's the tune.
You know Zappa in a "serious" moment...

Lovely really, and as a listener, I didn't notice any "clams".

👍

t

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

You're not going to "punch in" endlessly. What are home studios for! Come on man...
(I kid, I kid!)
Lots of kick on this one on the Bose cans. Lovely sound stage.
Kind of reminds me of Little House I Used To Live In, I think that's the tune.
You know Zappa in a "serious" moment...

Lovely really, and as a listener, I didn't notice any "clams".

👍

t

thanks, I do plenty of punching in but sometimes removing the rough edges removes the character.

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

Nice opening, nice easy jazzy groove mix sounds nice here on the Adam's, cool grooving/noodling.

-thank you kindly

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

A really bell clear mix and some doggone good playing on the guitar.  Very cool over all jazz feel.  Love the horns on this.  What did you use?

thank you, a horn player from Switzerland played the main trumpet plus sample libraries in the background padded way back in the orch mix..

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

I appreciated the balance between the horn and guitar. I like Jazz, so this is right up my alley. Nice clean mix.  The mix on my end is coming across very nicely.  You didn't limit it too much. I don't notice anything harsh here...I think the mix fits the music style very well.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice arrangement.  The horns sound great as does the guitars.  Nicely balanced.  Am I hearing just a tiny bit of humm from an amp (or something)?  It might be in my playback gear too.  I'm listening on small speakers.  I'll listen on cans later.  Either way, very nice.

😀John B