What Amp Simulators are you using this days?

Hi everyone!

I am going to re-take mi electric guitar, which has been under my bed for years 🤫. I am not a good player but I would like to spend some time with it using amp simulators. What are you using nowadays? My budget is low so I am looking for free or not so expensive alternatives.

Thanks!

Free:

- Mercuriall free stuff. The Marshall emulations are insane.

- Emissary from STL tones. Comes bundled with NadIR, a very nice impulse response loader. 

Cheap:

- Mercuriall SS-11X. Clean, crunch, high gain, impulse loader (and tons of pro quality included impulses from different companies), overdrive pedals, reverb, gate, and a very nice tuner for $40.

Edited by Esteban Villanova
  • Like 1

I've used Amplitude Custom Shop for years now and it provides the most authentic clean tones, nice valve compression emulation and dynamics. You need to be prepared to play around with the amp settings, the presets need tweeking.  Keep an eye out for BIAS amp offers, they are also very good amps and effects too.

• Like 1

I've got lots! I use AT4 more than any of the others (I especially like the Fender 2 collection, but the free Fender styles amps they include can sound really good). There are lots of other good options, though. As someone else mentioned, the Nembrini Marshall is a great buy when it's on sale. The Kuassa sims are much reduced right now, and are also pretty good though so far I haven't reached for them instead of AT4.

• Like 1

Revalver 4 is a bargain.  You can buy amps for $7.99 each, thematching impulse player is $4.99 (but there are some free ones online), and speaker ir's are $1.99 each (but there are a zillion free ones online).  The webpage and store are a little confusing, but work with it for a minute and it'll make sense.    https://www.audiomediaresearch.com/revalver-4

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, Christian Jones said:

Nembrini. Wait for a 70%-80% off sale and get his Marshall. Best on the market right now. 

Amazing amp sims. And the clean channel is as good/responsive and sweet sounding as that on the S-Gear amp sims, which I love. 

1 minute ago, moebiwan said:

I'm using Positive Grid's Bias Amp2 and FX2. Amp match and guitar match are worth the price alone imo. 

It's weird how personal taste is. I have Bias FX Pro and can't stand it, I have it flagged as my worst plugin purchase ever 😄

1 minute ago, fitzroy said:

It's weird how personal taste is. I have Bias FX Pro and can't stand it, I have it flagged as my worst plugin purchase ever 😄

As a plug-in, I don't love it. As a stand-alone amp/effects modeler, it's all I use. 

1 minute ago, moebiwan said:

As a plug-in, I don't love it. As a stand-alone amp/effects modeler, it's all I use. 

That's probably why I got it. The 'package' effect, the interface, the hype. I'm sure it also depends on what you play. I mostly play strats and semi-acoustics, so cleans are paramount. I think I have free amp sims that, to me, sound better than Bias FX. As they say, whatever makes you happy. 

• Like 1