The Longest Day

Douglas Kirby

Am I hearing a wah? Or some kind of modulation, heavy slow chorus?
A little light on the kick on the Bose cans, and that's unusual.

Overall more Kirby Kirbyness!

Yikes, I'm having another "flashback"**, is this supposed to be Mary Contrary?

Longest Day is playing now; wtf? I guess its one of those days; longest days?
Cool, more Doug rockin' it.
Vocal not as up front as Mary (so), again a little lite on the kick...
Nice solo, and "call and response" licks!
That low "day", don't take this wrong, I'd lobby against that if I'm behind the glass.

👍

t

** ✌️ hey it was 60's man

Edited by DeeringAmps
additional content
  • Like 1

DeeringAmps - Sorry you had to listen to Mary Contrary again - I think it was because I heard something I didn't like in the song, so I uploaded another mix. Thank you very much for listening and your comments.  I'll give the kick another listen. I like the low bgv that I sang for the hook - we can agree to differ in opinion there😀 By the way, I sang the lead vocal with an AKG P220 - it seems to work well for my voice. I think it's tonal character is similar to my Rode NT1-A.

bjornpdx - Thanks for your comments and for listening.  I like the aahs as well - I added them in recently - I thought they improved the song. I'll give another listen to the guitar panned on the right side. 

• Like 1

It's a killer tune and I think I've heard it before, did you post it earlier? Love your work but to be honest I'd call this one out for a bit of flat tuning somewhere in the rhythm guitar. Very specifically, :26.   I know I've harped a bit on that before and jeeze I'd love to be wrong, 'cause I really really dig your stuff. I hope I'm not a broken record, and no one else complains, so I think I've probably just lost it. Oh well, had to go sometime!!!

I think it's a totally great jam tune. It makes me want to walk through mud to go buy a concert t-shirt and an overpriced beer.

cheers,

-Tom

10 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

It's a killer tune and I think I've heard it before, did you post it earlier? Love your work but to be honest I'd call this one out for a bit of flat tuning somewhere in the rhythm guitar. Very specifically, :26.   I know I've harped a bit on that before and jeeze I'd love to be wrong, 'cause I really really dig your stuff. I hope I'm not a broken record, and no one else complains, so I think I've probably just lost it. Oh well, had to go sometime!!!

I think it's a totally great jam tune. It makes me want to walk through mud to go buy a concert t-shirt and an overpriced beer.

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom - thanks for comments and for listening. I don't hear the flat tuning you mentioned - I guess your ears are more finely tuned than mine. Regarding the song, this is the first time I've posted it. Anyway, thanks for lending your ears.

Douglas, this is a terrific song!  I'm going to listen to it a few more times to absorb it, but good writing.  It has a great retro vibe and a lot of energy.  All I noticed was that it was a bit bright in my speakers like it has a lot of upper mid range.  But, it does support the vox, so not such a big deal.  Keep up the good work.

10 hours ago, Lynn said:

Douglas, this is a terrific song!  I'm going to listen to it a few more times to absorb it, but good writing.  It has a great retro vibe and a lot of energy.  All I noticed was that it was a bit bright in my speakers like it has a lot of upper mid range.  But, it does support the vox, so not such a big deal.  Keep up the good work.

Lynn - thank you very much for listening and for your comments.  A bit bright - that's interesting - I used Ozone 9 on the master - I'll have to take another listen there.