loud crack at end of repeating loop?

First, thank you to the crowd for tolerating my repeat question on region Fx.  I am returning to my SONAR DAW after a 3 yr absence and trying to learn the best workflow for my project. Melodyne is amazing and Bandlab are amazing.

I am now using FreeG meter to accurately gain stage my tracks and set a looping play back of the louder sections.  At the end of the loop there is a loud digital pop/crack that ruins the FreeG as it won't reset.  The pop occurs at the end of every repeat.  Moving the end pint doesn't help.

Can it be fixed?

I'm guessing the waveform level at the start of the loop is at a different level than the end, and you're getting a large transient when the loop repeats. This could  definitely generate a  pop/crack.

You could try setting snap-to-zero-crossings under Preferences.   

Type 'p' and navigate to:  Customization, Snap to Grid, and check the box "Snap to Nearest Audio Zero Crossings".

Then, select the audio in the track and press the 'loop points' icon.   

Gswitz's suggestion above should work too.  You might have to fade both sides of the loop to eliminate the pop. 

I would check to see if Free G is a 32 bit plug?  Maybe you're getting some sort of buffer over run - if you're hearing a cracking sound - and it's not in the waveform itself.  There are other free and low cost meter plug-ins . You could try the free blue cat plugs - there's a gain stage plug in this free bundle.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_FreewarePack/

Edited by RBH