Posture

bjornpdx

Posture

This started off as Berlin school electronic music but it wasn't going anywhere. I had some public domain videos from Prelinger Archives so I took some dialog from a 1953 movie about correcting your posture and plunked it in.  Seemed logical.

They made a lot of educational movies in the 40s and 50s for public schools, most of them pretty laughable today. The one I used is about a girl who isn't popular because of her terrible posture. The acting is bad but it has a happy ending. 

• Like 1

Tom
Berlin electronic = Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, those guys from the late 60s to 70s ( and where I still live.)
Yeah, Reefer Madness. All the paranoia behind that and now it's legal almost everywhere.
Thanks for commenting

mark
Thanks. Seems like unrelated dialog makes otherwise routine music a little more interesting.

freddy
Thanks. I'm stuck in my man cave for a while so making the best of it.

• Like 1

Cool! I got memories from school times. Posture ... Sit up straight... don't lay on the desk etc. ... But the music was horrible back then. Teacher played a  pump organ. 😀
But You've done a pleasant soundtrack for the instructions. A bit sad atmosphere but still beautiful music. Good mix and sounds.

• Like 1

Hidden Symmetry
Thanks for listening and commenting. I just kept my usual slouch while composing this.

Doug
Thanks. I hope that Kraftwerk sound will make a comeback some day. Fat chance I think.

Tim
Thanks. I think every song has a story and it's interesting to hear how they came about.

Makke
Thanks. I love seeing those old 40s and 50s movies about Hygiene and Popularity etc. Can't believe they were taken seriously back then. And the student audience at that time probably didn't.

Tom
Thanks.  It was a fun project. It had languished for a while and needed something and I believe you had an influence in my adding in the old movie soundtrack stuff.

David
Thanks. You live long enough and you see changes that are directly opposite to what was believed years ago. Like in Reefer Madness.

Bajan Blue
Thanks.  Yes! Klaus Schulze was (is) one of my heroes. Amazing what he did with those old synths.