Need advise on how to do a 'clean' delete of measures

micv

For example, I want to delete a section or a measure of the project so I selected all the tracks (ctrl-A) select the range on the timeline bar and do a delete special with delete whole, checked all the markers, tempo, events, ...

The issue is it doesn't  delete 'whole'.  The section only got deleted on some tracks but not all tracks.  Tempo and markers are also hit or miss.  The interesting thing is no matter what, it seems to follow the exact same behavior for that project. 

The question is what causing a certain tracks to be omitted from the execution? and is there a way that it would work consistently?

Ripple edit is meant to work for a single track right?  I need to do this for all tracks in a project.  This warning in the manual is exactly what I want to be able to do:

"Caution: Ripple editing can cause unexpected results when editing multiple tracks, so use caution and check the results before you proceed with additional edits."

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Cakewalk seems to have found a way to over complicate formerly simple tasks. Sorry for not being more positive, but everyday I find myself frustrated that things I used to do quickly now require searching to find the new improved little button I have to click  (then make the menu selection) to make sure I'm performing the task that used to be simple.