volume control for Presonus Studio 2/4

G Randy Brown

I just bought one and wondering why win 10 can control volume on everything except CbB.

It shows I'm using the drivers everywhere and my sampling rate is set the same but whenever I use my PC keyboard volume control there is no change.

Is there a setting in prefs I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Randy

I guess what I find so strange is I'm using the same software (Universal Control by Presonus) as I did with another Presonus interface (Audiobox) and was able to adjust volume thru windows but Sonar Platinum showed it was using their ASIO drivers...it's not a huge deal but a bit of a PITA.

Oh well thanks Steve.

BTW, do you or anyone know why I don't get notifications when someone replies to my posts (with "notify me of replies" checked)?

EDIT, actually it does show notifications on this site but doesn't send me an email like the old forum did...is there a button that needs to be flipped I didn't see?

Edited by G Randy Brown

45 minutes ago, G Randy Brown said:

I guess what I find so strange is I'm using the same software (Universal Control by Presonus) as I did with another Presonus interface (Audiobox) and was able to adjust volume thru windows but Sonar Platinum showed it was using their ASIO drivers...it's not a huge deal but a bit of a PITA.

The Universal Control software is not the ASIO driver. The control software is a Windows program used to setup the ASIO driver. I never installed it when I ran an AudioBox 44VSL electing to use the older ASIO driver to keep the VSL software. I am not sure what other features Universal Control offers.

Craig, I don't use Windows drivers, I've always used whatever ASIO drivers the interfaces wanted to install.

Steve, yes I know Universal Control is not the drivers...I was just saying back when I had audiobox I had it installed and then uninstalled when using a Focusrite. I installed it this morning to see if there were settings I may have used before that gave me volume control with my PC keyboard.