Plugin for Bossting input gain?

On each track there is an input gain knob. At the top of the console view is where I access it. You can boost the gain up using that. You can also go to the process menu and apply gain to the clip, although that is a destructive operation that will actually change the gain of the clip.

8 hours ago, Larry Williams said:

I remember a plug in that you could put in front that would increase gain .  I can't find it or remember its name.

My favorite is BlueLab's BL Gain. Very simple. But as others have pointed out, Cakewalk does already have a channel gain knob on each strip.

It's nice to have something like BL Gain around, though, because you can stick it between plug-ins if needed.

• Great Idea 1

Boosting the gain after it was recorded is needed sometimes, but it is not recommended to boost too much.  This will cause noise from each track build up a bad amount of total noise.  When you have to, you have to.  It is much better to use a preamp or soundcard volume than to boost it after the fact.

Max Arwood

Record it with the proper gain.  When I don’t, I usually can get by with normalize.  It works, but you do have to watch out for noise.  Also check for overs.  It is best to use just enough, like Goldilocks.

Edited by Alan Tubbs