Baked in Cakewalk's Easy Bake Oven 😁

Steev

Very good Steev! Straights I get that, but kind of a Springsteen vibe too, and I mean that in the best way.
I's put a bigger verb on that snare, but hey its powerful as is. Maybe just a bit more level on the organ when it comes in at 4:02?
And I'd use that same organ in the outro.

Just me, but hey; your song, your production...

thumbs up, fer sure from me!

t

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Very good Steev! Straights I get that, but kind of a Springsteen vibe too, and I mean that in the best way.
I's put a bigger verb on that snare, but hey its powerful as is. Maybe just a bit more level on the organ when it comes in at 4:02?
And I'd use that same organ in the outro.

Just me, but hey; your song, your production...

thumbs up, fer sure from me!

t

Thanks much for your insights and mixing input Tom, I actually had a bigger verb on the snare on first mix, but on second listen I thought it was maybe a bit too much. But now that you mentioned it, now I'm thinking I should have left it alone, hmmm.

Also I didn't realize the Springsteen vibe at the time, but now that you mentioned it, I get now, LoL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I have every minute nuance of the original committed eternally to memory. Kudos to take this on, it's such a great song. I like your vocal stylings. The music bed is very faithful.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks all so much bro, more times then not, while doing cover songs I tend to like to improvise and bend things out of shape and more or less into my own visions, but I truly feel songs with such beautifully intricate, and delicate arrangements like this need to remain as close to an intact revision as we can do in order to tell the story faithfully.

And having previously suffered thru a similar tragic love story myself not very log before this was released, it took me years to even even be able listen to this piece thru to the end without breaking down. 

And then the other day after picking up my Alvarez Acoustic and simply finger picking away waiting for inspiration to strike the right chord, before I knew it, this is where my Muse lead me without even realizing it. 🤔

I have written countless songs, so many I've lost track of how many, but that's not entirely accurate because I've never sat down with the "intention" of writing a song, it's more like these songs are living observing expressions of life that write themselves...

I feel it would be nothing short of being pretentious, or maybe even dishonest to believe that I could write an original song more heartfelt then this.

And one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE things I Love about Bandlab.com is when someone like Steve Botterbusch revises a song and records himself playing his drum set in his garage in New Bern, No. Carolina from his iPhone directly into the Bandlab Mix Editor. 😜 Romeo & Juliet Revision

Edited by Steev