A Minor 6 Pentatonic

bayoubill

Here's one of the things off my daily practice routine. If you can use it please copy. This pentatonic is for the chords listed 

2066002893_Aminor6Pentatonic.thumb.jpg.f379cdcb7e281ca75b49487e0001d703.jpg

I probably should mention the following;

The Red Squares are the Am6  fingering.  Starting from the lowest aqua blue note to the red squares next to it is F#m7b5. Learn the interval in each position and which chord tones belong to each of the chords listed at the top if you don't know them. Well worth the time!!!

I hope any of this info helps contribute to your music

Edited by bayoubill
  • Thanks 1

Here's Bm7b5 with the Min 6 pentatonic for that position

An easy way to doing that is to relate it to the Minor key for the chord form

Bm7b5 is the same notes as DmM6 and the key of D minor so you can use the first diagram min6 pentatonic  to figure out which pent to use over the chord you choose

in this case I am using Bm7b5 so looking at the list Am6 CM6  D9  F#m7b5  Ab7 alt    

F# is the 6th degree from the Am6 so B would be the 6th of  Dm6 .  So Bm7b5 uses a Dm6 pentatonic

1432090881_Bm6ChordandPent.thumb.jpg.2739bb83f8fa597b145d698adce35c95.jpg

• Thanks 1

sorry Jeremy. If you need me to help send a message and I can clear up any questions you have.

I Am in no way charging any money or favours(well unless I can think of anything), for anything Info like this I post. 

Free info (well unless I can think of anything)

Edited by bayoubill
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bayoubill said:

sorry Jeremy. If you need me to help send a message and I can clear up any questions you have.

I Am in no way charging any money or favours(well unless I can think of anything), for anything Info like this I post. 

Free info (well unless I can think of anything)

Thanks Bill, i.ll give it another shot later today and if need be pm you.

Actually, here in France we’re all confined, so i can take my time.

J

10 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

There's an Am6 now?

Boy, do I have a lot to learn :/

FYI - You have to have consent before you can Am6/9

Edited by bayoubill
You may be asking " How would bayoubill know that?"
  • Haha 2

If anyone is having trouble with any of the chord forms try this;

Form the chord you want to play making sure you're fingers are placed properly.  Hold down the chord for 30 seconds and release. Do this about 3 times during the day and after a short (more than a day) while you muscle memory will kick in and that chord will no longer be a problem.  Press just hard enough on the fret board to sound the chord

34 minutes ago, craigb said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I clearly see a small handful of frets that have not been labeled! 🙃

Labeling takes up my Becan chili eating time. I Am lucky that's all I left out.  Besides with my memory it's a wonder I could do any diagrams

B.S. in my hast I also for got to put in the dots 🙄

Buttocks, I did write in the intervals which should help me remember what I Am talking aboot

b.s. b.s. - and yes I suffer from Canadian envy. Marijuana is legal there

Edited by bayoubill
I Am reminded that pot is not legal in my state every time my joints hurt!