Melodyne suddenly disappeared!?

winkpain

I have been using Melodyne with no issues in Sonar/CbB for years and as recently as yesterday.

Today, all of a sudden, it no longer appears in my RegionFX list. I try to uninstall it from Add/Remove programs and reinstall it from Bandlab Assistant, and it just shows as greyed out (as do the other Add-ons).

What has happened?

As a registered user of Melodyne (IIRC you have X3 Platinum), you should be using the installer from your Celemony account.

The VST3 plug-in is used for Region FX. The default install path for the plug-in is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne"

1 minute ago, scook said:

As a registered user of Melodyne (IIRC you have X3 Platinum), you should be using the installer from your Celemony account.

The VST3 plug-in is used for Region FX. The default install path for the plug-in is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne"

The VST3 plug-in the the one offered as an "Add on" in the Bandlab Assistant, you mean? 

This is the only one I use or require. I'm pretty sure it installed/undated with my recent re-install of CbB. Now it's just gone. !?

Why is it greyed out in the Add-ons list?

You have a full license for a commercial version of Celemony. It came with X3 Producer. It required creating an account at the Celemony site. The installer is available from your account on their site. The upgrade to Melodyne 4 Essential was free.

Yes. I am looking...

I don't remember ever doing anything but just letting Cakewalk install Melodyne, both before with Sonar and lately with CbB. It was very long ago when I originally did. And then it was just refreshed just last week when I re-installed everything.

If it turns out I don't have access to the license info, isn't it still available to me as the Add on with Bandlab?

...The thing that is confusing is, I am now on a secondary machine as I have had to leave New York City and and my studio there and self quarantine off in a cabin where I've brought a few things to keep working.

The Win10 laptop I am on here had just a fresh CbB on it with Melodyne functional. I brought a portable installation of X3 that someone else had put together for me to install and try and mirror the setup on my studio machine back in the city. Loading that (X3, then installing CbB again) now I guess brought about the discrepancy. I did not keep track of license and moving registrations over when the company changed a while back - something I vaguely remember - and now don't have that info. I had never been aware that Melodyne wasn't just an included part of Cakewalk as it always seemed to be. I had never experienced it to simply stop working.

I have it activated now (I think).

So my only question now, I guess, is:  is the "Add-on" of Melodyne offered through the BL Assistant app just a temporary version that lasts for a period of time then needs to be paid for, or is it a simpler free version built in to CbB??

6 minutes ago, lapasoa said:

Forget Melodyne install by Bandlab Assistant.

Open Celemony website. Create an account and download Melodyne installer.

As an alternative open your Sonar Comand Center and download Melodyne 2 installer.

Did it. Thanks! Dunno why I had never experienced this before. But anyway.  The world is a confusing place right now....