Fruit From The Orb-Original

Johnbee58

I liked that tight portamento lead synth patch! For me the song starts very very mellow and slow with the piano and I'd vote to clip the intro quite a bit, to get to the good stuff sooner.

Another unasked-for idea? Sure! How about this . . . on a slow song, super slow tempo, put a longer reverb on the drums. Particularly the snare. That way, the ring out of reverb on the snare will fill the time pleasantly and more naturally while we are waiting for the next beat. It might be worth experimenting with. You could go overboard with that and make it too awash. Reverbo Peligro!

fun experimental quarantine action!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

@DeeringAmps, @Douglas Kirby, @mark skinner, @bjornpdx-Thanks all so much, guys!

@emeraldsoul-Thanks so much for your suggestions.  I'll take them to heart as coming from a guy who does quite a bit of instrumentals.  I prefer the intro as it is.  It's an "Artsy Fartsy" kind of thing.😉         Quarantine fun for sure.  What else is there to do besides make music?  This damned virus is a PITA and an unprecedented intrusion on our freedoms all over the globe.  I blame the virus, not the people.

May you all stay well.

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58

Thanks, Dave.  I've seen actually 2 different interpretations of that quote online.  The other that I didn't use implied that history is the mother.

“... truth, whose mother is history, who is the rival of time, depository of deeds, witness of the past, example and lesson to the present, and warning to the future.”-Don Quixote

Wish I knew which one was the one he said. 😖

😊JB

A bit different from your usual postings John.  However, it does have your signature style.  Great production, a nice blend of sounds that for me created a cheery but melancholy mood - all at the same time.  Nice one  --- I very much enjoyed it!

• Like 1