Just made a special trip to the QT - Quik Trip, and

Toddskins

And while you can go inside and still buy chips and candy, all the coffee machines, hot chocolate machines, icy and soda machines are turned OFF.  I forgot to check,  but I'm sure the hot doggers are all off, too.  And no donuts!  The donut case was cleaned and lights turned off.

Guys!  I'm going bonkers!  I need to be out, drinking coffee, talking to the waitresses/waiters and managers.  It's my fix, and I gotta have it!

Edited by Toddskins

I was very pleasantly surprised by the piano repair/tuner I had a couple days ago.

You may have read on another forum here that I had purchased the tools to start learning and tuning my own piano.  I dropped the heavy tuning hammer (the name of the tool) inside the piano and it broke off one of the hammers (the pads on wood that hit the strings).  What a drag.

So it's been sitting "broken" for 4 months and I finally made the call to someone.  He came by on Monday and picked up the hammer (with a piece of the shank still in it) and removed the broken shank (i.e. short doll stick, or long peg) and went home with it.  Brought it back Tuesday and put it together and tuned the piano.

He actually admitted that he goofed and drilled the hole in the hammer bigger than it should be when he drilled out the old piece of shank from the hammer.  So I hope it will hold up with all the playing (banging) I do.  It's the lowest F#2 note.

When done I said "How much?"  He said $100.

"Huh?"

He had quoted me $75 for tuning, and I expected quite a bit more for the repair.  I was prepared to pay $200 to $300.

This is when he told me about the hole problem with his drilling.

Anyway, I told him that was too little and wrote a check for $125.

I had to wait a day for the glue to dry, and decided to wait 2 days.

It plays great and I am very pleased with the tuning.  Sounds fantastic.  He told me he used to tune by ear before the electronic tuners, which made me very happy because he brings along with himself all that old school know-how, which I have read about and want to learn for myself.

One step closer to being able to record some of my stuff and let your guys hear something quite original.  No singing.

Edited by Toddskins