Setting Up midi track to send CC Changes

Shawn T

Hey all... so I am trying to send midi cc commands to my Axe Fx2 during reamping. I am running midi out from my Scarlett 18i8 to the midi in on the Axe FX. So far I can’t figure out how to send out the midi notes, I think I’ll need to be able to select between Midi CC’s 16-27 to do what I need to do. 

while we are talking about this if anyone knows how to do this stuff, I am also going to want to figure out how to set up to use my Voodoo Labs Ground Control midi controller to send midi signal into my 18i8 so I can use my Mission expression pedal to “draw” automation for wah, whammy and volume swells.

thank you to anyone that can offer some help.

I saw this yesterday but was too stressed out to ask intelligent questions about it. I'll try now. 

1. What are you using to generate,  create, or input the notes and or CCs into a midi track?
  2. Is the midi track set up to send midi data out to the interface port where the Axe FX gets the midi data?
  3.  If playing live from a controller, is the midi echo button lit/on?

When I send midi data to external gear, I tend to use a usb/midi keyboard with Cakewalk configured in such a way that I can record midi data from my keyboard as well as play it live.  I wasn't sure if you were doing something similar. 

This will not be for live use. What I am doing is sending the DI out from the SPDIF out of my Scarlett to the SPDIF in on my Fractal Axe FXII for reamping. I am wanting the midi CC’s to turn fx on and off in my preset during the reamp, or maybe control a wah or whammy block.

I got a new 5 pin midi a couple of days ago and am gonna give that a spin.