Waves IR-1 Impulse Response File Format

Bill Phillips

Question

I've been trying to understand how to convert IRs in my IR library for use in Waves Audio's IR-1. So I opened a 3rd party IR wav file in Cakewalk to see what I was looking at. In the screenshot below, the file I opened is highlighted in the green box in the Browser and folder contained in that file opened in Cakewalk is highlighted in the green box in Track View.

GhLJcho.png

It appears that my existing IR library is composed of mono and stereo IR files and that I don't have any of these quad files

My questions:

1. How was the wav file I opened created? I played it with Windows Media Player and it played. Note that this is an IR .wav file not a IR-1 proprietary .wir file. It's apparently loaded into IR-1 using a preset.
  2. Are all IR-1 proprietary .wir files sweep files?  Looks like the answer is yes. The IR-1 has instructions on using a sweep file furnished with IR-1 to create .wir files.
  3. Is there a way to convert 3rd party IRs to IR-1 proprietary .wir files?  Looks like that may not be possible but want to be sure.
  4. Is there a way of avoiding loading four mono files to create a "full stereo" preset?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet