What I have Learned About the Virus

bayoubill

On 3/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, craigb said:

[Note for those that love to do knee-jerk reactions and parrot whatever they've heard on mass media: Just ignore this reply, it's not meant for you.]

While a nice story, the version I've been reading about behind the scenes is quite a bit different.  Yes, it's "novel," but scientists have already noticed that it includes sequences that are not natural - i.e., they were man-made.  Therefore, this is a "weaponized" strain (which explains why it's soooo much more contagious than others).

I'm hearing that this exact strain has been around since 1982.  Yes, it was developed outside of China (most likely in the U.S.).  However, while it was being researched at Canada's only Level-4 biolab, samples were stolen by undercover Chinese agents posing as legitimate employees.  These ended up in two biolabs, coincidentally in Wuhan and, even more coincidentally, with one funded by the Soros Foundation.  (Side-note:  A biolab in Sierra Leone that is funded by both the Soros Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is under investigation in regards to the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Africa.)

Another interesting point:  An outbreak simulation of this exact strain of Coronavirus was performed in September only two months before the actual outbreak.

(I ignore the first line, sorry)

So you don't find it ridicilous that someone would design a virus-weapon that kills too slowly, spreads uncontrollably to friends and foes,  etc. There are also lots of scientists who have confirmed 100% that the virus is not man made. In general, I think  conspiracy theories are just one version of toilet paper hoarding - you feel more in control, as if you were actually doing something hatching the plots.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

(I ignore the first line, sorry)

So you don't find it ridicilous that someone would design a virus-weapon that kills too slowly, spreads uncontrollably to friends and foes,  etc. There are also lots of scientists who have confirmed 100% that the virus is not man made. In general, I think  conspiracy theories are just one version of toilet paper hoarding - you feel more in control, as if you were actually doing something hatching the plots.

It's actually far more sinister than most people imagine. 

There is no actual conspiracy,  but they are all conspiring together to make us think there is a conspiracy when in fact there is none. That's how nefarious these people are.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Byron Dickens said:

It's actually far more sinister than most people imagine. 

There is no actual conspiracy,  but they are all conspiring together to make us think there is a conspiracy when in fact there is none. That's how nefarious these people are.

Now you made me scared!!😎 

Have to go get more toilet paper. I developed a nice TP risotto recipe. Lotsa fiber.

Edited by Kalle Rantaaho

I must admit that I do find the TP aspect entertaining, since that is a domestic product (for the US) and one of the prime output products from the P&G site in Mehoopany, PA. They always had a stockpile of logs there so big you could see it from the road even when I was a kid, and the log trucks are always moving in/out of there.

It is even more entertaining because I executed this "self-fulfilling prophecy" over 20 years ago. After getting underway, I told my watch section that the Chop (supply officer) was sweating bullets because he didn't bring enough TP along. Sure enough, everyone began stealing a roll and hiding it in their rack. Two days later the Chop says to me, "I don't get it, we just went through over 1/2 the TP inventory (3 months worth) in 2 days!"  We were only going to be out for something like 3 weeks anyway, and had 6 months onboard. A couple days later the look on his face was priceless when he found out why it happened 😁 The self-fulfilling ones are easiest to pull off, they just need a good (fake) rumor, and *poof* they become real.

This is something I want to pass on considering  how our lives have taken such a change. This morning I watch watching a TV special and they were saying everyone needs to find something to restore a feeling of calm in their lives. To occupy our newly acquired free time by finishing things we've left undone. So I looked around the house and found some things I  really need to finish.

I have started with a bottle of Merlot.  ok, I found a bottle of Chardonnay too.  Took some lookng but founda  bodle of Baileys! 

groovy som wum  oh and  the mainder of valiums . I hav a scrptins for that

wow some choculotz 

yu have no idr how fablus i feel rite cow 

fis goz out to allk mi frenz  atell thm I luvum a.,l

• Haha 1

The toilet paper thing is a bit of a joke...until you actually run out. We are down to our last roll now and the only 3 supermarkets close enough to us have none. They've had adverts on the TV saying we have warehouses packed with it, but getting it out to the supermarkets is the problem. I've asked twice when it is coming in and they say "next couple of days". but it hasn't arrived. I also have a half box of tissues for backup. After that, we will have to walk into the shower with our pants down and clean ourselves in there.

On 3/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, Byron Dickens said:

My wife and I are going to start a rumor that there is a shortage of dog poop and leaves & then just leave the gate open.

The idiots will take it all off our hands....

If it's on your hands you're picking it up wrong.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, Tezza said:

The toilet paper thing is a bit of a joke...until you actually run out. We are down to our last roll now and the only 3 supermarkets close enough to us have none. They've had adverts on the TV saying we have warehouses packed with it, but getting it out to the supermarkets is the problem. I've asked twice when it is coming in and they say "next couple of days". but it hasn't arrived. I also have a half box of tissues for backup. After that, we will have to walk into the shower with our pants down and clean ourselves in there.

This reminded me of a take on the old theme song from the western Branded..........Mr. Poop needs vocal lessons though.

• Haha 1