Cannot Move Notes

justinpbrown71

Question

I have recorded a MIDI hi hat track but cannot move the notes in the track pane. The tool will not show the + tool tip on the note, though all the other tools work okay. With the other two drum tracks I have created I am able to see the + tool tip & move notes okay. All the track settings seem to be the same.

17 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, winkpain said:

...Or perhaps you have a different tool selected. Hit "T" to engage Tool window and make sure Smart Tool (arrow on the left) or the Move Tool (crosshairs) are selected in order to move notes in PRV or inline PRV

I have the correct + tool selected. Also, the Smart tool has all selections checked, but doesn't show the move + tool tip when the cursor is hovered over the note, even though the other tool selections work okay.

Yes. I have found that if I select Fit To Content, where the grid in Inline PRV changes to a dual grey tone & the note lines enlarge to blocks, only then can I select the notes for movement. I don't find this view easy on the eyes though.

Edited by Justin P Brown

So I have found a work around, but not solved the issue:

I have found that if I select Fit To Content, where the grid in Inline PRV changes to a dual grey tone & the note lines enlarge to blocks, only then can I select the notes for movement. I don't find this view easy on the eyes though.

Thanks for your efforts guys.

1 hour ago, Justin P Brown said:

I have recorded a MIDI hi hat track but cannot move the notes in the track pane. The tool will not show the + tool tip on the note, though all the other tools work okay. With the other two drum tracks I have created I am able to see the + tool tip & move notes okay. All the track settings seem to be the same.

Does NUDGE have any effect on the notes? This looks like a good use for it if it does.

• Like 1

The Move tool will only appear when you hover over the middle third of the note; outside that area, you get tools to change the start and end time of the note. Possibly you're hovering over a different part of the note in this particular track because the notes are longer at the current horizontal zoom level, and when you zoomed vertically, you just happend to hover over the correct area...?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, David Baay said:

The Move tool will only appear when you hover over the middle third of the note; outside that area, you get tools to change the start and end time of the note. Possibly you're hovering over a different part of the note in this particular track because the notes are longer at the current horizontal zoom level, and when you zoomed vertically, you just happend to hover over the correct area...?

It's a hi hat track. I've hovered over all areas of both horizontal & vertical parts; the movement tool tip does not appear, unless I change to Fit To Content. I am using the Inline PRV.

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Nudge should also work on selected notes in the Inline PRV. Maybe try moving the clip to a new track; it seems like the existing one has gotten into a bad state somehow.

I tried it with a couple of new tracks & get the same result. There must be a setting I've accidentally changed somehwere.