Orb Producer Suite

Matthew Sorrels

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind Iย jump in the conversation.

First, I would like to thank everyone for all the information shared -ย very useful indeed.ย 

I am contemplating to buy either Composer or Producer but I am not really sure of which one. I did try the demo of Composer but do not find the one for Producer, (if anyone knows where to find it...)

Also I have a few queries, if someone has the time :ย 

- Composer is quite a hassle when it comes to integration (setting up in DAW, etc.). I understandย Producer is much easier to set-up and play with, however the number of tracks seems to be limited to four. Is there a way to have more than one instance of each Producer "part" in the DAWย (like 2 x chords or 2 x melodies) and "replace Composer with Producer" ? Or they are really do distinct pieces of software and I should go with Composer for more versatility ?ย 

- I noticed that no new videos (and seems no update) on Composer have been published since the release of version 1.5. Does anyone knows if it means that the project will be dropped/merged with Producer ? Is there any blog used by Hexachords to communicate on this?ย 

I wish you all a great day :)

ย 

You can load multiple versions of the Producer plugins into the same project, but everyone shares the same chord progression, no matter how many copies of chords you load.ย  But each chord does seem to have it's own settings/instrument/etc but the progression is completely shared.ย  So yes you can have multiple melodies/bass/chords/arps at the same time.ย  And you can just take the MIDI from one and make a real track out of it.

Honestly Composer and Producer are very different things.ย  I'd almost think it's best to not think of them as "together" at all.ย  Composer doesn't appear to be as in active development as Producer.ย  I'm not sure what that means though.ย  I don't think they have any active communication channels.ย  Just a handful of forum posts like this one and YouTube videos.

ย 

1 hour ago, John Bubliner said:

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind Iย jump in the conversation.

First, I would like to thank everyone for all the information shared -ย very useful indeed.ย 

I am contemplating to buy either Composer or Producer but I am not really sure of which one. I did try the demo of Composer but do not find the one for Producer, (if anyone knows where to find it...)

Also I have a few queries, if someone has the time :ย 

- Composer is quite a hassle when it comes to integration (setting up in DAW, etc.). I understandย Producer is much easier to set-up and play with, however the number of tracks seems to be limited to four. Is there a way to have more than one instance of each Producer "part" in the DAWย (like 2 x chords or 2 x melodies) and "replace Composer with Producer" ? Or they are really do distinct pieces of software and I should go with Composer for more versatility ?ย 

- I noticed that no new videos (and seems no update) on Composer have been published since the release of version 1.5. Does anyone knows if it means that the project will be dropped/merged with Producer ? Is there any blog used by Hexachords to communicate on this?ย 

I wish you all a great day :)

ย 

Hello John,ย 

For now, our main focus is on the Producer Suite, which was a big request from Orb Composer users. (to have something much easier to use, in a plugin format)

That's why updates will be much more frequent for Producer Suite than for Composer, at least for several months.ย 

We don't have a real channel to communicate but we are working on it.

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

31 minutes ago, John Bubliner said:

Thank you very much for both your answers :)

@ Matthews, if I may ask, what is the one you end up using the most?

@ Richard : Is the demo still available for Producer ?ย 

Cheers.ย 

John

ย 

ย 

Hello John,ย 

From 1.3, there is no demo available but a 30 days money back guarantee if you want a refund ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers,

20 minutes ago, John Bubliner said:

@ Matthews, if I may ask, what is the one you end up using the most?
ย 

When I just want to play around with the AI I actually like using the stand alone Composer.ย  It annoys me that it complains it can't find the MIDI channels (I uninstalled their MIDI expansion since I already have a full LoopBe30).ย  The whole interface between a DAW and Composer is so much of a pain.ย  But that's mostly using it as a doodle kind of thing.ย  I almost never take anything out of it and back into a DAW.ย  But I do like having it and launch it often to just play.

For actual work in a DAW I tend to use Captain Chords more often.ย  Though to be honest the two products are very equal.ย  I like the Orb AI and the Arp module is pretty nice.ย  I think for melody work Orb is better.

If you were more interested in full on composing Rapid Composer is by far the better tool (than Orb Composer).ย  But for EDM/Pop/synth type music I think Orb Producer is pretty solid.ย  I installed this latest update.ย  Everything seems to work for me.ย  The UI is resizable (that happened a while back I think) and the AI is pretty good at producing interesting things.ย  The synth/sounds I'm going to have to say aren't all that interesting, but I'm not sure it's fair to judge that compared to my vast library of Kontakt libs and an army of synth plugins.

Orb Producer still has some of the issues it had when it first came out.ย  Velocity still seems to be an afterthought and it has no way of doing articulations.ย  It wasn't really designed to control other instruments all that well (but it can so it's not a lost cause).ย  I think it's a pretty nice tool for working with music theory and quickly generating chords/melodies.ย  Especially if you don't play piano.ย  They have some nice video's on YouTube that can show how it can work.ย  As long as you are realistic about what these kinds of plugins do, I think any of them can be useful.ย  But none of them will replace actual composing, at least yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Orb Producer affiliate program is now active !
We are now offering a partnership program allowing you to earn commissions for sales made on our site www.orb-composer.com .
ย 
This partnership is limited to affinity sites, bloggers and influencers in the Music industry.
ย 
Here the details:
ย 
โ€ขย ย  ย 10% commission on every sale
โ€ขย ย  ย 60-day cookies
โ€ขย ย  ย No partners like: couponers, re-targeters or any Google or SEM specialized companies
โ€ขย ย  ย Media contents available (banners, pictures, texts)
โ€ขย ย  ย Special campaigns for special events (Black Friday, Christmas, etc.)
โ€ขย ย  ย Sales validation under 30 days
โ€ขย ย  ย Immediate payment after validation
ย For any question or request, please contact Jean-Michel by email : jmlange@hexachords.com .

Join here !ย 

• 2 weeks later...

I already have a ton of these plugins, but this one does look the bee's knees.ย  I personally can't afford to buy yet again another type of this instrument, especially when I told myself Maschine would be the last.ย  Even though this looks like it might be the best, I'll have to wait for a really good sale and/or cross-grade promotion.ย  It also appears to have a pretty solid development team, so it definitely looks worth the money full price, so don't get me wrong.

I'll probably be drooling over matching this with Nora for a long time.

• 1 month later...