Orb Producer Suite

Matthew Sorrels

18 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Given past experience with hexachords though I suspect unless I can come up with a 100% reproducible version of it they will just ignore it. 

Yes.  They asked what happened before the crash.  I spent a few hours fooling with it, and the crash happens when I solo or mute one or more tracks.  Often it happened when I was messing with the sound of the synth.  It doesn't matter whether I do the soloing or muting in the plugins or in Cubase.  Eventually it crashes Cubase. 

So I turned off both oscillators in all four of them and directed the MIDI to other instruments.   And that worked for me.  All the muting and soloing had nothing to do with the plugins--they were always shooting out the MIDI to the synth, it just wasn't making any noise.

So I decided to buy it.  The discount still worked. 

But Paypal and my credit card blocked the payment.   I don't know if their site got hacked or if there is just something screwy where the discount is visible on the payment page, but has expired.   I've written them. I can contact my credit card company and let the payment go through, but I'm a bit concerned.  It's weird to be turned down in two places.

If I can't get it for 79 euros, I may just wait.  It will be discounted again at some point.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:11 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

My mysterious parts don't play bug gets stranger all the time.  I have one Cubase project when I load will only play the arp or the melody but not both, unless you solo them (using the Solo button inside the plugin, not Cubase's solo).  I have another Cubase project that only plays the chords instrument, unless you solo the parts.  But when starting fresh and adding all four without changing anything, everything plays together.  I've seen this parts going silent unless soloed a few times now so it must be something I'm doing while using the plugins.  The strange thing is that once it is like that, I can't seem to get it to go back to working.  It's stuck.

Hello Matthew, 

We fixed a bug about this in the latest version 1.1.2.

However, if you reload an old project, you might still have the issue.

Can you please confirm if you still have the issue if you start a project from scratch with our 1.1.2 version?

Cheers 😉

Richard

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Yes.  They asked what happened before the crash.  I spent a few hours fooling with it, and the crash happens when I solo or mute one or more tracks.  Often it happened when I was messing with the sound of the synth.  It doesn't matter whether I do the soloing or muting in the plugins or in Cubase.  Eventually it crashes Cubase. 

So I turned off both oscillators in all four of them and directed the MIDI to other instruments.   And that worked for me.  All the muting and soloing had nothing to do with the plugins--they were always shooting out the MIDI to the synth, it just wasn't making any noise.

Hello Reid, 

As I said email, I am close to 100% sure this crash issue is completely different from the Solo issue Matthew mentionned. 

What is extremely strange here is that the Solo from the DAW produces this crash. Could you please try with another DAW? For example Reaper that you can download for free?

Do other people experiment crashes like this one?

Cheers 😉

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, ZincT said:

This has been updated to 1.2.2 - not sure what the changes are. Any ideas @Richard Portelli ?

Available from your account.

Hello ZincT,

Sorry for my late answer, I don't receive notifications when someone answers here. 😬

Yes, the video explains the changes. 

We just release the new 1.3 version, we will also do an update video today or tomorrow and will post the link here 😉

Have a great day

On 5/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, simon said:

@Richard Portelli

thanks for the heads-up as well :) - any reason you don't email your customers when an update comes out ?

bumping my own post (!) - any reason you don't email us saying there is an update  ?

(edit) - now, everytime I start it up it nags me to download an update...even though it's on the latest version

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

bumping my own post (!) - any reason you don't email us saying there is an update  ?

(edit) - now, everytime I start it up it nags me to download an update...even though it's on the latest version

Hello Simon, we usually wait a bit after a new release to communicate, usually 1 or 2 days 😉

You are right about the update issue, we will push a fix.

Cheers

2 hours ago, simon said:

It is fixed Simon, it was just an issue in database, we changed to 1.3 instead of 1.3.0 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richard Portelli said:

Hello ZincT,

Sorry for my late answer, I don't receive notifications when someone answers here. 😬

Yes, the video explains the changes. 

We just release the new 1.3 version, we will also do an update video today or tomorrow and will post the link here 😉

Have a great day

Thanks Richard 👍

Edited by ZincT