SSD 5.5 upgrade from SSD4 Platinum or EX $49

musical

This is big. We've added 37 new legendary drum kits, over 2,400 new MIDI grooves, lightning-fast MIDI features, and much more in SSD 5.5. For a limited time, upgrade to SSD 5.5 for only $49 AND, you'll get Steven's previously unreleased OG One-Shot snare samples that have been used in top records for over a decade. *64 bit DAW support only*

For a limited time, upgrade from SSD4 Platinum or EX

FOR ONLY $49 

(regular price $99, this is your last chance to upgrade!)

https://stevenslatedrums.com/ssd5/#SSD5UPGRADES

• Like 1

Installing/downloading right now. For some reason it's downloading 15 gigas although I didn't tell the new installer to install that, maybe it's the new stuff? lol

Whatever your beliefs are, you should get the FREE forever demo. Please don't ever complain about something free, unless it has a virus (not Covid 19 like virus, lol).

Demo alone is so worth it. I suggest that you think of SSD5.5 as an ADDON to your favorite drum sampler. And I suggest you forget it comes with cymbals and perhaps toms. If you think of SSD5.5 only has kicks and snares, is great for layering with other drums (to add different flavor, texture, etc).

Remember the BAD GUY song's kick drum is 5 or 3 kicks layered together. Sounds great! Right?!

Now, if you happen to like more than just the kicks and snares, more power to ya!

I downloaded the free version as well and I kinda like it.  Won't replace BFD3 but I finally can map kits a bit easier and use the Chris Lord Alge kit without having to wait 10 minutes for it to load.  I didn't think it would allow me to do that, but its working.  Yeah, free is good and this is an improvement over Platinum 4...but I don't think I'll upgrade.

Aaaaand there's the BFD3 50% off sale at JRR.  That's what I'll spend the $50 on.

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, filo said:

Can anybody compare SSD 5 Free and SSD 5.5 Free?  Is it worth to upgrade? I'm using SSD5 (Free) with Jamstix4 only so don't care about e.g. any UI or UX improvements of SSD.

Yep, it is. But When I tried to update I got crashing plugin with lacking presets so I would suggest just get rid off SDD5 first then proceed full install SDD5.5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been pretty critical of SSD5 here in the past, mainly due to some bugs that had gone unfix for years. Finally the 5.5 update dropped, the bugs (at least the one that annoyed me) got fixed and some stuff was added (tons of grooves and a refreshed interface being the highlights for me).

I'm pretty happy with SSD5 now! I've got SD3 as well but SSD5 certainly has its place in my collection.

• Thanks 1