Getting rid of music gear

Michael Vogel

I've had a load of stuff on Gumtree, keyboards, guitars, audio interfaces, mic stands and suddenly I've been getting good sales, guitars and keyboards and audio interfaces all gone and I've got another 5 notifications on Gumtree for other stuff. This is a very sudden and noticeable change which seems in line with the recent "stay at home" mantra due to Covid 19. People being forced into their homes with nothing to do seems good for the sale of musical stuff.

Take advantage of that while you can!  People are optimistic (me included) that they just need to get through this short time period, so they're buying things to help them cope.  However, I think we're going to see more and more not buying things that aren't essential the longer this isolation goes on.  Tomorrow will be the first 1st of the month for this event and, for most, the first time they'll need to pay rent and bills.  If this goes for another month, then people will start holding on to their money...

On 3/24/2020 at 8:50 PM, David Sprouse said:

Mike,

I think there's a career in psychology ahead of you!

Very insightful there, but it’s actually behind me.

I had a 30 year career in nursing. Of that time, most by far was  spent in psychiatric nursing in just about every form imaginable. The shift work made it possible to lead another life focussed on music. 

Edited by Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL)

7 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

Very insightful there, but it’s actually behind me.

I had a 30 year career in nursing. Of that time, most by far was  spent in psychiatric nursing in just about every form imaginable. The shift work made it possible to lead another life focussed on music. 

So you have been analyzing us all this time Mike.  Don't try and figure me out, you only have a few years left. Enjoy your retirement :D