Please excuse the pretense

David Sprouse

I think it's just supposed to be a static picture. ? The music is a bit of a macabre circus. And is inventive. I'd say keep throwing those pics up there , the one you chose I'm not sure if it really fits the tune you wrote. The music is elegant and the pic is, well, not super elegant. I dunno.

3 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I think it's just supposed to be a static picture. ? The music is a bit of a macabre circus. And is inventive. I'd say keep throwing those pics up there , the one you chose I'm not sure if it really fits the tune you wrote. The music is elegant and the pic is, well, not super elegant. I dunno.

I appreciate you  listening, Tom.  I need to reconsider the picture.

Very creative and inventive indeed.  I particularly like that dissonant sound (brass?) that comes in at the 0:30 mark.  It has been a doggone long time since I have listened to any classical music but if I remember correctly, this reminds me a bit of some of Stravinsky's work.  Well done!

On 3/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, freddy j said:

Very creative and inventive indeed.  I particularly like that dissonant sound (brass?) that comes in at the 0:30 mark.  It has been a doggone long time since I have listened to any classical music but if I remember correctly, this reminds me a bit of some of Stravinsky's work.  Well done!

thank you freddy.  I thought the poor kid in the pic with his hands up was like edvard munch's *the scream*.  It's a really powerful picture;  wish I knew more about it.

David

Sounds really good to my ear. You have a feel for how the instruments should work together.
Bit of a disconnect between the image and the music so I'm not sure what the story is.

I like the music though I thought it needed something more in the background, more strings maybe? But I don't know anything about orchestral arrangements so I'm just a casual listener offering an opinion, whatever that's worth.