RESOLVED Problem with latest Cakewalk bandlab AND 48 khz projects

Hi to everyone,

I am experiencing problems opening 48 Khz project in my system.

It seems that there is a difficulty for my audio card (Midas VeniceF 16 Firewire) to set itself at 48 Khz, while using 44.1 khz projects it is fine. (loading the midas software I can see that it tries to set the board but it fails, and it keep trying and trying..... endless).

Opening the same project (same computer) on Sonar Platinum works fine, but with Bandlab Cakewalk (latest release) the program becomes irresponsive.

Also, if I set 48Khz for new projects, and loading a blank song, the problem is there.

Can someone help me for this?

Can this be connected with a problem of the new Threading Schedule system?

Thanks,

Giorgio

I found a workaround...

I have to load a song with no audio (only midi), then I have to set NEW songs at 48Khz, and this set this song at 48.... (all ok for now).

Now I can create a new song at 48 (CTRL + N) or open a song already at 48 khz.....

Very strange: as said this was not happening in the past, and this is not happening in Platinum.

What goes on???

thanks

Giorgio

Hi.

I finally resolved the problem (well I hope...) removing the Generic Low Latency Asio Driver that comes with Cubase. It seems that it was causing the problem (grrr).

BTW - if someone is interested - I removed it removing the string [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver] with Regedit (before that I exported the relevant string.... just in case...).

Bye,

Giorgio

• Giorgio Gabriel changed the title to RESOLVED Problem with latest Cakewalk bandlab AND 48 khz projects