Banned from KVR

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

THIS is the reason that "resale ability" and "resale price" are so important to me. 
If I buy a plugin for $100, and then decide that "it's not what I need", then I need to
be able to get the majority of that money back.  Sadly, most companies are NOW
making that virtually impossible!  This FEE and that FEE etc...etc...and LOW resale
price makes plugins a BAD investment for ANY Studio Owner...let alone us "hobbyists"

That's the reason people pirate the crap out of them. They want us to treat their digital goods as physical items, but when we try to do the same thing... oops, you can't do that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, John Bohlen said:

That's the reason people pirate the crap out of them. They want us to treat their digital goods as physical items, but when we try to do the same thing... oops, you can't do that.

Very true...and very sad.  Buying a plugin should be the same as buying a piece of hardware.
Once you don't need it, or go out of business, you should be able to sell it without paying the
company a "fee".  While it's true that it's only a "license", that license is YOURS!  It's like paying
the company TWICE....once for the privilege of using it, and once for the privilege of NOT using
it.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Very true...and very sad.  Buying a plugin should be the same as buying a piece of hardware.
Once you don't need it, or go out of business, you should be able to sell it without paying the
company a "fee".  While it's true that it's only a "license", that license is YOURS!  It's like paying
the company TWICE....once for the privilege of using it, and once for the privilege of NOT using
it.

I'm pretty sure some sleazy lawyer concocted that. I don't need a license for a can of beans now, do I? 🤣 Like they concocted the Public Performance License... 😂

• Like 1

Whoever it is should have at least "asked me", or, at the bare minimum, given me
some kind of "warning" if I had violated some "policy".

That would be the fair thing to do. They seldom do that. In my case they didn't either. Someone needs to grow a pair....anyways. I'm glad it all worked out and you're back in now. I'm not sure I would want to go back. Let them see how much traffic you likely brought there for them. Then again, why let one individual with a corn cob up his hiney ruin your day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Starise said:

That would be the fair thing to do. They seldom do that. In my case they didn't either. Someone needs to grow a pair....anyways. I'm glad it all worked out and you're back in now. I'm not sure I would want to go back. Let them see how much traffic you likely brought there for them. Then again, why let one individual with a corn cob up his hiney ruin your day.

They shouldn't just restore Larry's account, they should also fire the admin responsible for the mishap.

• Great Idea 3

9 hours ago, LAGinz said:

In terms of being of being power hungry, forum administrators are the worst...actually second worst, just behind condo board presidents😆

And Home Owners Association chairman!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Carlos said:

“even if we really don't know each other, I feel I do:”

I know Larry, you know Larry, but more importantly, Larry knows us!

I think I know what you are saying and I agree. It still creaped me out a little bit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, jesse g said:

OK Larry,

You can't be tried for the same crime twice ....   Now that you have been cleared of all dealing charges, you can go back to dealing now.    😎

Have to love the "Double Jeopardy" clause!