Banned from KVR

cclarry

11 minutes ago, antler said:

I suspect KK means banned from the NI forum (and that his products still work), but that's just my interpretation.

That is how I understand what he wrote. I'm just surprised they would ban him and wondering what the heck would have resulted in the ban.  @kitekrazy,  as you brought it up, would you mind sharing at least, at a high level, what was it that resulted in NI banning you from their forum? If it was merely criticism of NI's products, that's pretty problematic. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

That is how I understand what he wrote. I'm just surprised they would ban him and wondering what the heck would have resulted in the ban.  @kitekrazy,  as you brought it up, would you mind sharing at least, at a high level, what was it that resulted in NI banning you from their forum? If it was merely criticism of NI's products, that's pretty problematic. 

I called Native Access - Native Asshat.  I also told them kindness was exhausted after so many issues with it. You'd be surprised on that forum the problem solving is not from developers but users.  That's pretty sad.

I have yet to roll a 3of3 flawless Access installs.  The failure of installation is random.

They did not fix the NTKDemon issue in 3.9.

It's hard to be civil when a good company is eventually turning to crap.

It's obvious it's not just me that has the issues.   Others are angry when support posts the usual annoying links everyone has read.  Users spend a great deal of time trying to get Access to work.  Access is also a forced update. That is a no no. 

All of this just to change the paint and mimic iTunes.  They are not the only ones going that direction. They are the only developers where their distribution software is faulty.   Unlike others if that fails you can download the updates from a website.  With NI you have to contact support.

The problem with developers is they want the money but never want thick skin to deal with complaints.  I know you've been there.  Not dealing with a users anger and criticism tends to make more enemies than friends.   The only person I've ever seen do that is Scott from Image Line.  He's good at handling pissed off people.  He doesn't threaten them by knee jerk banning.   BTW id you are banned from NI you just register again with a different user name and email.

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I called Native Access - Native Asshat.  I also told them kindness was exhausted after so many issues with it. You'd be surprised on that forum the problem solving is not from developers but users.  That's pretty sad.

I have yet to roll a 3of3 flawless Access installs.  The failure of installation is random.

They did not fix the NTKDemon issue in 3.9.

It's hard to be civil when a good company is eventually turning to crap.

It's obvious it's not just me that has the issues.   Others are angry when support posts the usual annoying links everyone has read.  Users spend a great deal of time trying to get Access to work.  Access is also a forced update. That is a no no. 

All of this just to change the paint and mimic iTunes.  They are not the only ones going that direction. They are the only developers where their distribution software is faulty.   Unlike others if that fails you can download the updates from a website.  With NI you have to contact support.

The problem with developers is they want the money but never want thick skin to deal with complaints.  I know you've been there.  Not dealing with a users anger and criticism tends to make more enemies than friends.   The only person I've ever seen do that is Scott from Image Line.  He's good at handling pissed off people.  He doesn't threaten them by knee jerk banning.   BTW id you are banned from NI you just register again with a different user name and email.

Okay,  I cracked up at with that.  It's not my style to communicate with people that way, but it's certainly not worthy of a ban. All they had to do is tell you no name calling. Sorry about that.  

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay,  I cracked up at with that.  It's not my style to communicate with people that way, but it's certainly not worthy of a ban. All they had to do is tell you no name calling. Sorry about that.  

It was their app and not them.  Maybe thin skinned and faulty developers go hand in hand.

Edited by kitekrazy