Banned from KVR

cclarry

35 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Who are these mythical moderators anyway? Has anyone actually seen one? 

You need to venture out of the basement more often, Doug. We're all upstairs, (usually) discussing grownup stuff. Ask Ed, he knows.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

You need to venture out of the basement more often, Doug. We're all upstairs, (usually) discussing grownup stuff. Ask Ed, he knows.

Glad someone is discussing grownup stuff. I tried that about 45 years ago and decided adulting was too hard. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Thanks for the votes of confidence, Grem, Bapu and Kenny. I'll keep this friendly gaslighting in mind next time you report some spam or personal attacks. ;) 

No way am I talking about you Dave . Your one of the good guys when it comes to the mods around here .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I'll keep this friendly gaslighting in mind next time you report some spam or personal attacks. 

So you can thank them for moving you up the ladder by increasing the number of the only thing worse - the forum squealers? :)

Nobody needs my analogies this morning, but

What we have in this Forum is the Shire . . . thanks to the good Hobbits and the most often excellent moderators, wizards like Gandalf and elvish kings like Elrond.

Without these fair moderators, and the integrity of the hobbits and dwarves and such, we would likely see the Shire overrun by trolls and orcs.

Occasionally, in some other distant forum land, we hear of a moderator turned into a Saruman. Scary but not insurmountable.

I could go on, but you get the gist. Take the metaphor as far as you want. To save you all time, it ends up with Zuckerberg being Sauron.

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

What we have in this Forum is the Shire . . . thanks to the good Hobbits and the most often excellent moderators, wizards like Gandalf and elvish kings like Elrond.

Without these fair moderators, and the integrity of the hobbits and dwarves and such, we would likely see the Shire overrun by trolls and orcs.

Occasionally, in some other distant forum land, we hear of a moderator turned into a Saruman. Scary but not insurmountable.

I could go on, but you get the gist. Take the metaphor as far as you want. To save you all time, it ends up with Zuckerberg being Sauron.

You had to spoil the ending. I was enjoying the story 🤪

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Good Story ! Makes me wish I was a Mod around here .

hsw2HGP.jpg

Kenny

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 years later...

I find KVR to be absolutely useless  these days.  And  many “administrators” are like condo board presidents- people who’ve had no opportunity to exert any power in their lives, and when they finally do, go berserk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

I find KVR to be absolutely useless  these days.  And  many “administrators” are like condo board presidents- people who’ve had no opportunity to exert any power in their lives, and when they finally do, go berserk.

KVR useless? That's harsh. Why so negative?

I find it quite useful. Sometimes people give away licenses for free. You can buy and sell licenses. You can communicate with Uncle E from JRR shop to ask questions about deals. Some deals get posted there first and sometimes only there. Software developers keep you informed about their products and answer questions. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rave Sbor said:

So dear Larry you came back to the KVR and how did you do that?

I contested the ban...and had everyone I knew over there complain, so they lifted the ban.
One of the overzealous forum Administrators banned me because he said that I was a "commercial dealer", and that was simply not true.  I only sell personal licenses that I have purchased myself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I contested the ban...and had everyone I knew over there complain, so they lifted the ban.
One of the overzealous forum Administrators banned me because he said that I was a "commercial dealer", and that was simply not true.  I only sell personal licenses that I have purchased myself.

He probably only banned you because his wife said he spends too much on your deals! 😂

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

Maybe instead of trying to persuade people that you are not a dealer you should already become one? Then you won't have to fight false allegations and can make a living from what you do out of good will intentions.

I bet, most developers and manufacturers would be hard pressed to find a better dealer.

Edited by Soundwise
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

32 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Maybe instead of trying to persuade people that you are not a dealer you should already become one? Then you won't have to fight false allegations and can make a living from what you do out of good will intentions.

I bet, most developers and manufacturers would be hard pressed to find a better dealer.

I have no desire to be a dealer.  I do what I do because of the music and the people, and that is plenty enough reward for me!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Did they apologize?