Banned from KVR

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I feel for you over this situation but please note that vendors are not limited to that one thread.  We are, just like any KVR user, fully authorized to post one thread of our deals in the Buy & Sell main forum.    Edit - we can and do also adhere to the 48-hour rule and others.

I don't really have pull there, but if you want to tell Ben that you're definitely not an IK dealer, I'll answer him if he'd like verification of at least that.

This wasn't directed at you Pete.  It was just stating that, if being a "Dealer" was "a problem", then they should be banning
MORE PEOPLE.  I STRICTLY adhere to the 48 hr rule also.  This "Admin" just has a bad case of "POWER HUNGER",
like many Police Officers, or other people of "Authority" do.  They can't remain "objective" in their reasoning, but have a
NEED to feel "powerful", and it's sad.  Whoever it is should have at least "asked me", or, at the bare minimum, given me
some kind of "warning" if I had violated some "policy".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I don't really have pull there, but if you want to tell Ben that you're definitely not an IK dealer, I'll answer him if he'd like verification of at least that.

LOL @ anyone who thinks that Larry is an IK stooge - I guess they must think that the amount of stick he has given them on a regular basis over the years is all part of the act.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

You’re miles above them, King L. 
I have been posting less and less on other forums. 
Cakeworld is Larryland. 
Larryworld is Cakeland  

’Nuff said. 

Lars is DUMB ANN!! Yes, I did shout. A baseless accusation. For this reason I choose to believe it will be made right. The only real concern I have is why did Fleer, in response to this, paraphrase a speech made in Nuremberg is 1937?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

This wasn't directed at you Pete.  It was just stating that, if being a "Dealer" was "a problem", then they should be banning
MORE PEOPLE.  I STRICTLY adhere to the 48 hr rule also.  This "Admin" just has a bad case of "POWER HUNGER",
like many Police Officers, or other people of "Authority" do.  They can't remain "objective" in their reasoning, but have a
NEED to feel "powerful", and it's sad.  Whoever it is should have at least "asked me", or, at the bare minimum, given me
some kind of "warning" if I had violated some "policy".

I agree. It feels like kvr is still lives on   the rules of the internet of the 90s. There is no any  warning system, or at least temporary ban,  like on many modern sites (youtube for example).  The only solution for all misconduct - is permanent ban. Moreover, you will lose access to your account, details, messages.. you can't even delete your account, and this is wrong. 

P.s. I was banned from kvr too   😄

P.p.s.  William Wusik is also banned now   😨

Edited by iScream
  • Sad 3

Instead of hitting the like button here CC, I made a new thread on the Buy and Sell Kvr's section, lol.
If you read it, well, is just because I root for you, because even if we really don't know each other, I feel I do: You show more with your doings than anything else.

So, you making all these posts to help us that is  just great and I am thankful King. Hugs.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I greatly appreciate the support, and the love, guys...I do this ALL for you guys...not for myself.
I'm a nobody.  It's my way of "contributing" to the music, and getting the job done.  I don't do it
for fame, or glory, or reward!  I do it because I CARE!!!  And that's the ONLY reason!!!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

YAY...I have been "unbanned"!!!

HUGE THANKS to EVERYONE, especially those who went
to KVR and showed support.  For the sake of being TRANSPARENT
what was said was "well you've had the same thread open for 5 years,
and that just makes you look like a "dealer" rather than a forum member.

I replied...yes, I have had the same thread for 5 years.  Should I open and
close a million threads to make it look like I'm "not a dealer"?  Isn't that
being "more deceptive"?  

I can understand their position, but shouldn't they have just 
asked me about it BEFORE an assumption, and a permanent
ban?

I'm certainly NOT a Dealer.  I buy plugins, and if I don't like them,
or decide I really don't need it, or won't use it, then I sell it on KVR. 
Yes, there is the occasional item that I buy to just turn around and sell
later without registering.  I'm not going to hide that fact.  But I'm not
"a Dealer".  It's mostly just the things that I won't, or don't, use.

So THANKS AGAIN to EVERYONE!!!

• Like 24

Hi Larry,

I just came from work and I saw that you have been banned at the KVR forum. I was

starting to get really mad at them, but I'm glad that they did the right thing in the end.

I'm really amazed at the amount of time you spend looking for deals and sharing them on

this and other forums on a daily basis.  Personally, I really appreciate  your hard work

and dedication to this forum. 

Have a nice day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the righteously outraged: the ban was probably due to the petty authority figure in question getting bent out of shape due to Larry's buy and flip thread, not the ferreting out of great deals such as he does here.

Still BS, because Our Master of Deals does adhere to the letter of the law, and I'm with him, why open multiple threads, if you want to know what he's selling, click on his thread.

Doofus can't tell the difference between someone who wants to try out lots of plug-ins and recoup some of the cost of doing so and a "dealer," as if a dealer would go to all that trouble to sell a few plug-in licenses.🙄

(Oops, good guess!)

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

To the righteously outraged: the ban was probably due to the petty authority figure in question getting bent out of shape due to Larry's buy and flip thread, not the ferreting out of great deals such as he does here.

Still BS, because Our Master of Deals does adhere to the letter of the law, and I'm with him, why open multiple threads, if you want to know what he's selling, click on his thread.

Doofus can't tell the difference between someone who wants to try out lots of plug-ins and recoup some of the cost of doing so and a "dealer," as if a dealer would go to all that trouble to sell a few plug-in licenses.🙄

(Oops, good guess!)

THIS is the reason that "resale ability" and "resale price" are so important to me. 
If I buy a plugin for $100, and then decide that "it's not what I need", then I need to
be able to get the majority of that money back.  Sadly, most companies are NOW
making that virtually impossible!  This FEE and that FEE etc...etc...and LOW resale
price makes plugins a BAD investment for ANY Studio Owner...let alone us "hobbyists"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cclarry said:

THIS is the reason that "resale ability" and "resale price" are so important to me. 
If I buy a plugin for $100, and then decide that "it's not what I need", then I need to
be able to get the majority of that money back.  Sadly, most companies are NOW
making that virtually impossible!  This FEE and that FEE etc...etc...and LOW resale
price makes plugins a BAD investment for ANY Studio Owner...let alone us "hobbyists"

Capitalism in a nutshell, they gotta make money out of things you do even after the sale is done.

• Like 2