Ozone 9 & Nectar 3 Issues

Big Alkie

Question

Both actually. When I try to click on master assistant it takes 5-10 seconds after I click it to work. And when I try to EQ things the waves doesnt move to the current sound I'm tryin to EQ. It's very slow. And it was working flawlessly when it 1st came out.

Are you running Windows 10?   If you don't control the O.S. updates, Win 10 is notorious for causing problems - which is why it's best to disable the auto-update and only do so when you know it's safe OR have the ability to roll back to a previous system-state in case things go south. If you determine that the last OS update likely caused this problem, there are ways to roll back:

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/ 

Have you consulted with or reported the issue to Izotope?  If they have a user forum, that would be a better place to report your problem (since you are experiencing it with two different DAWS)

• Thanks 1

Yep I'm running windows 10 with all the latest updates. I emailed someone from izotope but they gave me troubleshooting steps that didnt do too much of nothing. When I told them ozone 8 works fine but ozone 9 was acting up they stop responding.

I noticed when I first purchased Ozone 9 that it took considerably longer to load than all other plugins . . . but once loaded it works just fine.

So, now you're saying they are very slow when trying to use them . . . I haven't had that problem, just the load times are much longer.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:56 AM, noynekker said:

I haven't had that problem, just the load times are much longer.

Ditto... I also got the Tonal Balance Bundle, everything but O9, the O9 individual module VSTs and Tonal Balance load quickly, but these slow pokes take 15-20 seconds, once loaded no problem, and the standalone starts up fine...

@noynekker Out of curiosity  what machine do you have I'm wondering if it's an OEM issue as this slow load time also occurs in another DAW not just CbB & Splat for me. If it's a registry issue iZotope support hasn't helped, and all my other iZotope plugins load just fine!

Edited by Tez

one note - the Ozone 9 and related newer version of Nectar, RX7 - they are very very sensitive to your screen resolution settings and therefore the related patch levels for the graphics and screen resolution. i spent part of a month troubleshooting this: it would randomly work at the proper UI refresh rate (e.g. not take 5 seconds to load a menu!!!) when i set the UI to 1920x1280 or 1440x900, and then it would stop on the next reboot. eventually i noticed my intel drivers were about 3 years old, so i updated them and now it's stable at all resolutions. Ozone 7, Nectar 2, Trash 2, etc all worked fine so it was a very annoying problem to identify.