Go To Start Button behaviour changed with loops

altoricky

Hi to everyone and I hope someone can help.

I've just updated to 26.01.0.28

As a long time user of Cakewalk/Sonar/Cakewalk By Bandlab, as far back as I can remember, when I set up a loop I could always get back to the start of that loop by clicking on the |< button in the transport to the left of the 'Now Slider'. It might require 2 clicks if the current now position was between the start of the track and the start of the loop but I could always get back to the start of the loop quickly and easily. Since updating to 26.01.0.28 this doesn't work anymore. Now all that happens is it rewinds to the start of the track and stays there. Is this a bug or a new 'Feature'? Has anyone else noticed this or know of a fix.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by altoricky

This caught my eye as a feature I never use but might if it worked.  In SONAR X3, it looks like the |< button is linked to RTZ [W].  In the current version of Cakewalk, it looks like the button is linked to Go to Start [Ctrl+Home].  So far as I can tell, it is possible to bind Ctrl+Home to Rewind to Landmarks so it does the same thing as W (at least on my PC).  However, I didn't find a way to change the Go to Start button.  

For some tasks I use a left hand on a musical keyboard and a right hand on a mouse, so I might want to use a mouse button instead of the RTZ [W] key.

That being said, I tried to use a button in the Custom Module and was able to use the Rewind to Landmarks command. So, now I can use that button as well as Ctrl+Home---or W.

For a related discussion of the change to RTZ, see this thread, which includes this:

On 11/30/2019 at 9:37 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

We plan to have a new control bar module with better jump points in the future which should allow for easily navigating around various hotspots in the project. In the interim if you prefer using the mouse you can create a new button in the control bar and assign it to the "Rewind to Landmarks" which is equivalent to the W key.

For the Feature Overview where the transport behavior was changed, see this thread, which includes this:

Updated transport behaviors

Go to Start and Go to End buttons now accurately seek to project beginning and end, and do not stop playback.

The W (rewind) key always seeks backwards in time to the prior "landmarks". There are 3 landmarks:

the original playback start time

the loop start time

the project start time (time 0, or 1:1:0)

Note: 
The RTZ command has been renamed to Rewind to Landmarks
The Go to Beginning (1:1:0) command has been renamed to Go to Start (RTZ)
The Go to Start transport button uses the CTRL+HOME shortcut

PS: So far as I can tell, the Go to Start button seems to be coded to Go to Start, not whatever the user has assigned to the Ctrl + Home key binding. Maybe someone else can test this?

Edited by User 905133
to add a PS; to add another link and another quote