Sonuscore The Orchestra Complete Keyswitches

Alan

Hello,

I need help.  On my 62 key Korg Triton Extreme Workstation I can not get the Keyboard to activate Key Switches (The Red Keys to the Left).  Is there a way to assign the keyswitches to higher keys?  I have to activate the key switches with the mouse in Kontakt and its very frustrating trying to figure out a solution.  I read the manual, but I did not see a way to change the keyswitches . I need to move the keyswitches up an octave but they do not respond to changing the octave range on the keyboard.

The manual states: 

4.1.1 ARTICULATION SELECTION: On the lower end of the interface all available articulations are displayed. You can activate an articulation by clicking on it, or by playing the note that is shown above it in the lowest octave (C0-B0).

Thanks,

Alan

4 hours ago, Alan said:

Hello,

I need help.  On my 62 key Korg Triton Extreme Workstation I can not get the Keyboard to activate Key Switches (The Red Keys to the Left).  Is there a way to assign the keyswitches to higher keys?  I have to activate the key switches with the mouse in Kontakt and its very frustrating trying to figure out a solution.  I read the manual, but I did not see a way to change the keyswitches . I need to move the keyswitches up an octave but they do not respond to changing the octave range on the keyboard.

The manual states: 

4.1.1 ARTICULATION SELECTION: On the lower end of the interface all available articulations are displayed. You can activate an articulation by clicking on it, or by playing the note that is shown above it in the lowest octave (C0-B0).

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

I will check this Tuesday but in the meantime you can shift the MIDI track using the KEY +/- in the MIDI track inspector.

ECC4A7DF-66B3-4AD1-826E-A8358483F60A.thumb.jpeg.3bc8b9962c869c299af67014f8aec1eb.jpeg 

just shift UP +12 and you should be able to access the key switches as it will shift the entire keyboard up an octave. I do this sometimes when playing certain parts ie drums.

Hope that helps?

• Like 1

Generally it's easier to just shift your keyboard down an octave (or more), so that the lowest key is note C0.  You won't be able to play the high range of course, but you can trigger the keyswitches.  If you use the MIDI Key+ I think you need to go down an octave, depending on where your keyboard is playing.  Most 61-key keyboards do have an octave switch.

If you have the full version of Kontakt you can use this free multikey script to remap keys (doesn't work in the Player version though):
https://cinesamples.com/product/cinemap

This free plugin might also be able to do it:
https://www.codefn42.com/notemapper/

The Orchestra doesn't appear to have any native articulation remapping features(or I couldn't find any).  And none of the articulation changes can be MIDI learned.  Usually I just add a separate track and place keyswitch articulations on it using the piano roll editor, rather than trying to play it live.  Or split it up so that each articulation has it's own separate MIDI track.  You could always play the articulations with notes you can reach and then move the notes into place afterwards.  Usually you have to get the switch done before the note on anyway, which almost always needs precise editing.

• Like 2