Breverb emitting internal noise

I have an issue with Breverb spontaneously emitting noise. It is either a constant static, or a click/beep that loops, depending on the settings. As far as I can tell it is a bug, vs a routing issue. Even if no audio is playing it just self-excites, and can't be stopped. It doesn't always do it when a project loads, but it eventually starts at some point , and then can't be stopped. If there are multiple instances of the plugin present, they all start doing it at the same time.  Changing presets has no effect, once it's glitching out, it stays glitchy. If I suspend the audio engine, and restart it, the noise just continues, which I think confirms that it wasn't a bad input or bus routing loop. 

I'm on the latest CWbBL, and "Breverb 2 Cakewalk" v2.1.12, which was the version that they released when Cakewalk Inc tanked. 

Has anybody else seen this? I'm not sure exactly what my options are here. I contacted Overloud but haven't heard back yet.  

22 hours ago, Chris Boshuizen said:

What has been your go-to replacement? TBH, I never really mastered any of the unique things Breverb offered.  

If Waves offers H-Reverb for $29, pick it up.  It's very comprehensive and has a ton of presets for starting points.

• Like 1

I got this reply from Overloud:

Badlab should install a version of breverb that is that 2.1.13 that probably crash with the old Cakewalk version that we sent to you, the 2.1.12 Cakewalk.

You should uninstall the Cakewalk 2.1.12 version and then reinstall Bandlab, at this puoi you should see the badly version of Breverb and should work without noise.

I uninstalled Breverb and Cakewalk, then did a fresh install from the Bandlab Assistant but ended up again with 2.1.12. With an empty project with only Breverb on an audio track, it spontaneously started clicking after about 1 minute. 

@Noel Borthwick, do you know of this Breverb 2.1.13 they are speaking of?

On 3/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Chris Boshuizen said:

What has been your go-to replacement? TBH, I never really mastered any of the unique things Breverb offered.  

(sorry for the delay in responding) I've been using the UAD EMT-140 or Capitol Chambers reverb as my replacement. Absolutely love them!!!

• Like 1