lmu2002

Vocalsynth 2 in Cakewalk

I recently purchased Izotope Vocalsynth 2. Can anyone help with setting up the midi functionality in Cakewalk. All other daws have a detailed tutorial on Izotope website  but Cakewalk is missing.  I tried several routing options but couldn't figure out how it's supposed to be done.

1 hour ago, lmu2002 said:

I recently purchased Izotope Vocalsynth 2. Can anyone help with setting up the midi functionality in Cakewalk. All other daws have a detailed tutorial on Izotope website  but Cakewalk is missing.  I tried several routing options but couldn't figure out how it's supposed to be done.

SETTING UP MIDI MODE
1. Create a MIDI track and an audio track.
2. Ensure audio data exists on the audio track. If you are using a pre-recorded audio clip, the transport needs to be playing back. If using a live audio input, you need have monitoring enabled on that track.
3. Insert VocalSynth as a plug-in on the audio track.
4. In the Output section of the MIDI track: set it to point to the VocalSynth plugin.
5. Enable MIDI input in the Cakewalk plugin header for the VocalSynth plugin (the little drop-down menu next to the VST tag) so that it can receive MIDI data from your controller.
Note: You won't hear any audio track output until the plugin receives MIDI data.

Thanks abacab! I'm sure I tried it first but a second try apparently did the trick better. And it also appeared in the synth rack 👍

• Like 1