Why is Cakewalk by Bandlab free?

synkrotron

On 2/5/2019 at 9:41 PM, Bapu said:

I like my three main DAWs. CbB, Studio One and Mixbus. Reaper is 2nd line defense for me. Verion 6, whenever it becomes reality, my be a game changer for quite a rew, IMO.

Hands up how many people read that and thought........what's this Verion 6 DAW  that he's on about and  why have I never heard of that brand name before?

Ok, just me then.😑

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:11 AM, Bapu said:

I have samplitude and mixcraft.

They are dead  to me. Not worth my time. Not even Samp v4.

Wasted a total of $200 on those two.

I'd be happy to give you absolutely nothing for your Samp v4 licence.😁

9 minutes ago, paulo said:

Hands up how many people read that and thought........what's this Verion 6 DAW  that he's on about and  why have I never heard of that brand name before?

Ok, just me then.😑

Well, some keep mentioning Version 5 over at the REAPER forum so I just assumed that's what it was referring to :D

So, one person asks a question like "why is CbB free?" and it results in 8 pages (so far) of responses and discussions.  This happens so much that I really believe that some of you must have an insecure feeling that Meng and company are just going to  someday soon come along and pull the rug out from this whole thing and we will all be without this program.  Do some of us doubt Meng or Noel?  Even the guy at NAMM said something like it will be free FOREVER!! 

Is the old saying "If something seems to be too good to be true, it probably is" creeping through some of our minds?

Don't you trust them?  I do.  Stop worrying and enjoy making music!

😉John B

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

Well if we keep posting it will be 9, 10, 11............................................ pages :)
Or maybe like the energizer bunny  keeps going keeps going keeps going.
Maybe CbB is free because they don't have to pay for any stinking badges😮

5 hours ago, synkrotron said:

On topic please! 😛

:D

As someone who willingly paid for Sonar/Cakewalk, the notion of why it is free can only be summed up with words like "miracle" and things of that nature.  

The topic of why hasen't everyone in the Windows DAW world jumped on board?  That at least has a point of discussion.  

22 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

Yeah.  You could invite Meng and Noel and ask them again.😉 (Not that you'll believe them).

Noel has kindly chipped in here. Perhaps you missed that John.

Reason for moving to the other place is because this post has run its course.

Interesting reading about Mac-vs-PC and the users response to pro solutions, or lack of them

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2019/2/7/pro-tools-users-abandoning-apple-mac-for-microsoft-windows-new-poll-shows-alarming-results

Edit: I realize I should have posted it in the other thread about low latency interfaces but oh well :).

Edited by chris.r

14 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I have just thought of the perfect way to draw this topic to a close before it gets to page nine:-

Excuse me.  I just put on another pot of coffee and even made some hot chocolate. Now what am I suppose to do??????? :)

• Like 1