Get VCA-like Functionality In Cakewalk By Bandlab

jesse g

Hi Jesse,

As the author, thank you for respecting Sound on Sound's copyright. Copyright is what gives publishers and authors the right to decide how their intellectual property is going to be distributed. Buying a subscription to Sound on Sound gives you the right to read it, enjoy it, and use that information in your projects. Posting copyrighted material is no different than cracked software - for example, if you buy a copy of Kontakt, you can't post it for other people to use. Nor does the code used to create Kontakt becomes yours.  What you buy is the right for you to use Kontakt.

Including a link is definitely the preferred way  to handle this sort of thing. You still get to make people aware of the information, Sound on Sound gets some props for running the article (and also for supporting Cakewalk - one of the few publications that does!!), and hopefully, people will explore the SOS site and realize that it's well worth a digital or print subscription.

It's no secret that media of all kinds are having problems making ends meet these days. For these resources to continue to exist, people need to feel they offer value, and be willing to compensate the people who work hard to make those resources possible. 

That said...I'm happy you found the information useful enough to draw attention to it. Hopefully others will benefit from the linked information as well, and will become aware of the great work that SOS does every month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 6:42 AM, Craig Anderton said:

Cool, I thought it was important to point out to the people who wanted "VCA channels" in Cakewalk that it already has much of what they do anyway. Sure, VCA channels is a good buzzword, but it's the functionality that matters.

Can you pay just for the article?

What I want is to be able to automate the level of multiple channels before they hit any plugins that are placed on channels.

Kind regards,

David

• Great Idea 1

I bought it. I appreciate all the work Craig put into it and there's some good things in the article, all that said.

I still would love to see actual VCA faders in Cakewalk. It's so much more simpler and more effective.