Melodyne Kaput - Worked Last Session

razor7music

Hello Group--

I haven't used Melodyne since my last project. In the meantime, there have been one or maybe two CW updates. I just tried to create a region from a mono vocal audio clip and the tab with Melodyne opens. Everything performs as it always does, but there is no content in the Melodyne window. Scrolled around. Tried a different clip. Opened Melodyne stand-alone to see if there were any updates. Nope. Nothing. 

I've got Melodyne 4 Editor 64-bit. (4.2.4.001). My default algorithm is 'melodic' for vocals.

I just changed my algorithm to 'Universal' and it created content in the Melodyne window - thank goodness. The blobs it creates are all the same pitch, where the actual pitch isn't. I can then manually change the algorithm to Melodic, and that works.

Any ideas why melodic isn't capturing any content any longer?

Thanks!

Stephen

Edited by razor7music

Have you tried opening something in the standalone Melodyne client to see if that works correctly? 

If it doesn't, it may be a case of either reaching out to Celemony support, or trying to uninstall and reinstall Melodyne. 

Last time I used Melodyne, which was probably a week and a half ago, it worked as expected for me.  Although I'm using Assistant edition. 

• Like 1

I've had this problem too, starting several updates ago. It might have even started with the last Melodyne update some months ago, though I don't remember. If I click "Remove Region FX" and start over, it usually works OK. Once the blobs appear, Melodyne will continue to work normally on additional clips for the rest of the session.

• Like 1