Triggering 2 tracks

A'Tuin

On all of my projects that require more than 2 instrument tracks, I get double triggering. For instance

4 Kontakt tracks, 4 Komplete tracks, 1 EZkeys and 1 scaler track. Using a Native Instruments A49 keyboard. While I play or record (and on playback), the correct track records/plays but another Kontakt or Komplete track also triggers. Doesn't happen on the EZKeys or scaler tracks. If I play Kontakt track 1,2 or 3, Kontakt track 4 triggers. If I play Kontakt track 4, Komplete track 8 also triggers. The only workaround I have is to mute the double triggered track, but of course I need all tracks unmuted to play, mix or master.

Another workround is to save project, close, reopen and it may be ok, if not, create a new track, copy the events from offending track then delete it. 

Not sure what is going on here.

Don't have Kontakt but if I had a problem with unexpected MIDI routing, I would do the following...

• Verify synth plug-in properties and uncheck "Enable MIDI Output" where it is not needed. This option is located on the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above plug-in UIs. Note: the image below shows "Enable MIDI Output" checked. Uncheck this value to prevent the plug-in from sending MIDI data. Not all plug-ins have this capability but I am pretty sure Kontakt does.M9I2IRu.png
  • Review instrument/MIDI track input assignments, avoid "All Inputs" settings.

• 1 month later...