failsafe switch ?

Paul Bush

Hi guys i´m just doing the mixdown (,my first) and Ive gone and deletd my piano saved it and then the next day it was gone , is there any failsafe switch when recording a track that makes it impossible to delete. ? with samplitude there was an lock sign that one could add to the track  and could only be deleted if one unlocks said track .cheers  

• Paul Bush changed the title to failsafe switch ?

If you had "auto save" on  it might be in the auto save version.  Or if you enabled "versions" it might be in one of the versions.

You can turn both these features on by going to Preferences (hot key "P").  At the very bottom you can choose Basic or Advanced.  Enable the Advanced setting and look under File.  The last option is Advanced.  Click on that at set your auto save and option features.  I auto save every 12 minutes or 20 edits...and allow for 6 versions.

Good luck!

This only will help you moving forward - what I do, every time I am going to work on a project, is to create a backup copy of the project file (*.cwp).  If I am going to be editing actual audio clips in the project, where I am going to do destructive edits - like doing things to audio clips, then my pre-session backup is of the entire project folder.

Doing either of the above, as appropriate for the session, gives me a safe way to get back to where I was, so that the project is recoverable in a pristine state, should I accidentally do a boo boo and delete something accidentally, or I were to decide that I should not have deleted or modified something in a way where that was destructive - meaning it could not be undone.

When I get to where the newest version of the project is indeed correct, completely, I will go back and delete older backup versions of the project - posibly leaving one prior backed up version from the current, just in case.

I do the above manually, so that I have complete control over the backup process and the management of backup versions. 

When backing up, my naming of either the project file or the project folder, includes the date and usually some additional short description - at the end of the name - so I can see those versions in choronological and alphabetical order.

Bob Bone