Midi automatic instrument select

Richard Jacobs

Question

Hi,

Newbi question.  In X2 I've imported a midi track which seems to have the instrument selection built in. I'm using CakewalkTTS and when I try and change the TTS  instrument, as soon as the  midi track starts playing the instrument reverts to its original setting.  The Bank and the Patch settings on the inspector are not set (bank is ;--- and Patch is None). Where is the midi  instrument specified and how can I change it?

Thanks,

Richard

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Richard Jacobs said:

Hi,

Newbi question.  In X2 I've imported a midi track which seems to have the instrument selection built in. I'm using CakewalkTTS and when I try and change the TTS  instrument, as soon as the  midi track starts playing the instrument reverts to its original setting.  The Bank and the Patch settings on the inspector are not set (bank is ;--- and Patch is None). Where is the midi  instrument specified and how can I change it?

Thanks,

Richard

Midi files do not have Bank and Patch settings (and others) as found in Cakewalk files--such as those in the track controls . Standard MIDI files >>might<< have  bank and preset settings. To find out, look under Views > Event List.  

If you want to select / set banks and patches so they can be used in SONAR/Cakewalk, save the tunes as Cakewalk (*.cwp) files.  If you want to select / set banks and patches to be used from standard midi files, edit the data using the Event List.

image.png.c4e1b5c93c2a6d62591c5fc54b56216c.pngimage.png.77066efb531744aed4ed0882291abd85.png

Edited by User 905133
to correct typos