Prochannel presets no longer accessible

GBTBassist

Question

Hi All

Suddenly (possibly after installing the latest patch (version 2020.01 build 28 64bit)), I cannot access my prochannel presets - neither the included ones or ones I have created/saved in the past. I can hover the mouse over the name of the preset in the console view but I cannot click through to select one.

It affects brand new songs as well as songs that have already been mastered months ago - I can see the preset that has been used but cannot open the folder to change it or add one to a new track.

Anyone come across this and know how to get it working again?

I have rebooted the pc, tried 'E' to close and open all effect buckets just in case but nothing brings them back on line.

Thanks

GBT

432954730_presetsfolder.jpg.022fea6638b4629139135af470adbf34.jpg

hover over.jpg

Edited by GBTBassist
replaced template folder with preset folder image

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately, the ProChannel Presets path is not in preferences.

The only way to access the setting is by directly editing

ProChannelStripPresetFolder

in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\UserPaths.

I have never known this to go missing but I suppose a registry cleaning tool might mess with it.

Thanks Scook

I realised I posted the wrong screenshot. The presets are actually where they are supposed to be according to the registry (as per the path you listed).

The folder has unrestricted access (set by the original install) so it is visible to all users/apps.

I can see the preset the track is using (guitar - electric dirtbag.pcp) but no matter what I do in cakewalk I cant select any preset through the pro-channel strip.

GBT

1967578998_presetsfolder.jpg.09a42a4326bfbca28ccbd80c0dc76acb.jpg

Nope, folder is as per install - uncompressed.

Ownership and access rights are also the same as the other folders in 'cakewalk content'.

Any idea if there are previous versions that I could download to downgrade the version and see if that resolves?

Cheers

GBT

Hi scook

I have solved this problem!

It seems that the prochannel presets rely on the onboard PC soundcard being enabled.

I have a Focusrite saffire pro driven off a dedicated firewire card that serves all of my PC related sounds.

While cleaning up my PC I disabled the onboard HD soundcard as I never use it. Apparantly, prochannel does for some weird and wonderful reason - go figure!

Thanks for the suggestions though.

GBT