SampleTank 4 CS

cclarry

Must say a thanks to IKM. I had S/Tank 2.5 XL on a 10 year old SCAN PC. That I just updated from W7/64 to W10/64. This trashed my STank 2.5 (maybe because it was 32bit). But I saw that STank 3CS and STank 4 CS were in my account. And was able to install both and import the STank 2.5XL into both. And I'm sure found instruments I had never seen before ! Now they are all available in a better interface and tweakability. Feel like I've been given a HUGE Freebie.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, bdickens said:

It never occurred to you to save your downloads?

Like IK recommends?

I did and I still had a HD mishap of my own doing.  So I know in a few weeks I will be redownloading  my IK stuff. So I could be upset but to me the $9.99 it will cost me is okay.  I'll use my jam-points too which will make it less.   I think the fee should give you at least a year worth of access not 180 days. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, bdickens said:

It never occurred to you to save your downloads?

Like IK recommends?

No. You know why? Because no other company does this kind of BS, especially with a free product. There's also that one little thing that adds more salt to the wound. You can only download the files twice. So, even if you manage to want to get the files on time before their asinine expiration date, you might run the risk of having the "extremely reliable" product manager fail to download the file twice and there goes your two free downloads. Now you have to pay for the free product anyways.

Some people could argue that the way this is setup is meant to lead the user into error, then spending money on the product anyways.

TBH, many minor companies just work through FastSpring and allow you to download during 7 days. If you’re too late, you have to petition them. If you’re lucky they’ll renew your download window for another 7 days. But true enough, they never ask you to pay for that. 

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

No. You know why? Because no other company does this kind of BS, especially with a free product. There's also that one little thing that adds more salt to the wound. You can only download the files twice. So, even if you manage to want to get the files on time before their asinine expiration date, you might run the risk of having the "extremely reliable" product manager fail to download the file twice and there goes your two free downloads. Now you have to pay for the free product anyways.

Some people could argue that the way this is setup is meant to lead the user into error, then spending money on the product anyways.

It sounds to me like you just want to bitch about IK Multimedia.

Seriously, if they bother you that much, USE ANOTHER VENDOR'S PRODUCTS INSTEAD!

They don't have anything you can't get somewhere else. Nor are they the only vendor with policies some may find inconvenient at times.

As far as:

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You can only download the files twice. So, even if you manage to want to get the files on time before their asinine expiration date, you might run the risk of having the "extremely reliable" product manager fail to download the file twice and there goes your two free downloads. Now you have to pay for the free product anyways.

Ever consider, oh, I don't know, maybe SUBMITTING A SUPPORT TICKET AND SEEING IF THEY CAN HELP?

We do not limit the number of times you can download within the 180 days.  Sorry for the boldface text but I needed to counter boldface misinformation.  Our support team also understands when bad things happen to those who have done their best to back up as recommended.  Similar to how some companies with time or frequency limits will consider cases made to them when such bad things happen and/or the use case mentioned by Fleer above.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, antler said:

The cat, or the HD? 😜

Ha Ha !  She has "ADHD"    and wants to get into most things.  But the kicker is for some reason she doesn't go on the desktop. At least not yet 😆

She is  my buddy when I'm home.  She usually hunts me down for her evening brushing. Yes she has me trained as my wife would say :D

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 6:46 PM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Yeah, nothing from Orchestools One is loading for me. The stuff I imported from ST 2.5 to ST 3 works fine tho.

ORCHESTOOLS ONE S4 for Sampletank 4

Orchestools One update for sampletank 4.

Same sounds, presets and multis now available on the new IK Multimedia flagship sampler.

go to https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orchestools/orchestools

(scroll down to orchestools one for ST4 section)

3png.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Now if IK could just refine the color scheme in SampleTank 4, to make it easier on the eyes, and a few workflow issues, then they would have a total winner! The sounds are already awesome, and in some ways I really prefer it to NI Kontakt 6. I think that's great that they can now include 3rd party sound designers!

But IK could improve the user experience a bit more...

• Like 3

On 3/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We do not limit the number of times you can download within the 180 days.  Sorry for the boldface text but I needed to counter boldface misinformation.  Our support team also understands when bad things happen to those who have done their best to back up as recommended.  Similar to how some companies with time or frequency limits will consider cases made to them when such bad things happen and/or the use case mentioned by Fleer above.

I can confirm this - there was a library I missed when I bought the huge Total Max 2 bundle and when I brought it to IK's attention they let me have another 180 day window to download the files (and all the others I had downloaded already)

• Like 2