SampleTank 4 CS

cclarry

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There is a little folder icon in the upper left corner that switches to folder view.  It's a lot more useful at browsing, especially SampleTank 3 instruments.

Thanks found it; strange location - I expected it to be where the word Category is!

Can confirm that my display also shows the Sampletank 4 folder with duplicated content.

Incidentally all of the new content (listed here) is present and works fine. Thanks IK!

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Install went ok for me and I like what I am hearing. I am new to SampleTank and didn't have any other versions installed. When I rebuild my system I am going to also install ST3 Free to go with it. The interface is nice and I was able to figure it out quickly. I also like how it loads other IK synths like Syntronik (the name makes sense to me now 😉).  Thanks IK!

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

The new interface is mind boggling! It was supposed to be simpler and easier than that of ST3, but if all our plans would come true life wouldn't be exciting.

PM_Build_Swing.gif

That makes all kinds of sense.

In case I don't get back later, Happy New Years Eve Day.

I hope you have a chance to celebrate properly tonight.

I'm planning on it!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

In case it wasn't clear to everyone this CS release does contain new instruments that aren't in/weren't in SampleTank 4 MAX before.  So even if you do have MAX you do want to get this.  And that means you have to get a serial number and enter it into the authorization manager.

That's interesting Matthew; please note anyone else who owns ST4 MAX and downloaded CS content early like me (around 3 pm UK time yesterday)....

When I looked in my account yesterday on first release of CS there was only a new version of ST4 MAX 4.1.0 with the new ST4 CS sound content listed under it so those two items were all that I downloaded. They installed and have been working fine (see my original post here). I went through every new instrument and checked that they worked and I didn't need to re-authorise anything, they just worked. The only thing I am missing is a separate CS executable but since I can access all of the new content in ST4 MAX why would i need it?

Today, when I look in my account there are 2 new items that weren't there yesterday with their own serial numbers...SampleTank 4 CS and SampleTank Editor BETA.

SampleTank 4 CS is the same executable as I already downloaded under the ST4 MAX link (many IK products seem to work this way) so I don't need to re-download that but I HAVE now authorised the CS serial in Auth Manager as well as the Editor BETA serial just to be on the safe side. Sampletank Editor BETA is a different product and is currently version 4.0.0 so needs separate download/installation. 

So, if like me you own MAX and downloaded any of this early on check your accounts again today!

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Today, when I look in my account there are 2 new items that weren't there yesterday with their own serial numbers...SampleTank 4 CS and SampleTank Editor BETA.

It's the same with me.  When this came out I updated and reinstalled the sounds update thinking that was it.  But then I couldn't find the editor.  While looking for the editor download I got the popup that offered CS and the Editor and they were added to my account, with serial numbers.

• Like 1

@Peter - IK Multimedia    In every case I remember, when I try to upgrade an IK Multimedia product it comes with a download of the "Installation/Authorization Manual," which says nothing about upgrades. It tells you what you need to do for an original install.  So basically I am on my own with upgrades.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

Very few people would have a problem if IK would supply a very detailed step-by-step "Readme  file that is tailored to the specific  upgrade. Maybe you could name this file--"Read before installing."   Or even better, as many companies do, create an installation video.  Please recommend this.   If IK provided a readme file or a link to a video, I doubt many people would have issues.  This would cut down the work for the customer service staff and would generate a lot of customer goodwill. 

In my case, I followed exactly the way I installed all the other instruments in SampleTank MAX. Then I rescanned the directory.  The new instruments (easy to see in the new folder) didn't appear.  So I tried an install into a different directory.  Now I have two installs in different folders that both don't work. 

I think if I manually moved all the instruments and samples one by one into the correct folders, it might work, but it's frankly not worth it to me. I'm just going to delete them all and hope that everything will still work without them.

I do have 4.1 installed now,  but clicking the shopping cart sends me to the web page, not to any Custom Shop.   The old Custom Shop application includes SampleTank, just not the new instruments. 

• Like 1

@Peter - IK Multimedia I'd like to ask for a feature request to the IK Authorization Manager please. Is it possible to allow pasting a password when logging in? I use a password manager to create strong passwords, and it's quite inconvenient to manually enter a 20-character alphanumeric-special-character password when logging in. The Custom Shop app allows pasting in passwords; just not the Authorization Manager.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2020 at 5:40 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I updated and installed the CS sounds, mostly seemed to work OK.  But now in folder view when I select SampleTank 4 MAX I'm seeing the various categories but there is also a SampleTank 4 folder that appears to duplicate everything above it.  I don't remember that before.  I've rebuilt the database completely.

U0c6hu.jpg

I can see that too. I haven't bothered with the "folder view" lately, so news to me! Not sure when that started...but  looks like a nested folder path that is a duplicate of the top level.

After checking further, it looks like a software bug to me, as I don't see a duplication of the folders in the actual ST4 content path on disk.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

After checking further, it looks like a software bug to me, as I don't see a duplication of the folders in the actual ST4 content path on disk.

Yeah it's not an on-disc duplication.  It's some sort of software/database duplication/bug.  Maybe it's by design, though the other top level categories don't have an echo.  I just can't remember what it looked like before this new content though.  It may have always been that way.  It's not really worth bugging IK about.  But if everyone is seeing it too, then I hope they notice it and fix it.

• Like 1

I downloaded  ST CS. I have ST 4 pointing to the files..  What is confusing to me is that I already had the custom shop which covers TRacks  Amplitube and Sampletank.

Is this something different from that? I registered ST CS in the Authorization manager. When I clicked the download link it simply uipdated my ST4 from the 4.09 to 4.10 version.  The GUI has not changed.  No "CS" GUI here.

Like all of the IK libraries they send you a zipped folders of everything . I think I might need to figure out exactly the best way to point to these files. I'm not sure this meta data is all in order.. I have Libraries from ST 3 , ST4SE and now I am downloading ST4 MAX files.  Everything prior to my MAX purchase is on one big folder. I decided to make separate folder for MAX and point ST to it as well.  I want to make sure I'm unzipping these libraries correctly. 230 gigs is a lot of files to accidentally put somewhere it isn't supposed to be. I REALLY wish IK had an automatic file downloader/unpacker and combiner. I understand it's in the works.

When it's all in the right place though it rocks. I like the way their explorer works and how it selects sounds both by instrument and mood or type.

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Is this something different from that? I registered ST CS in the Authorization manager. When I clicked the download link it simply uipdated my ST4 from the 4.09 to 4.10 version.  The GUI has not changed.  No "CS" GUI here.

My understanding that is that if you're an existing Sampletank 4.10 user, then all you have to do is download and install the "SampleTank 4 CS Sounds" that is under your "My products" page.

I did the above - and I did not have to use the SampleTank 4 CS serial number to authorise.  It just worked and I could simply access all the new sounds.

If you are a Sampletank 4.09 or below user, then either update Sampletank 4.0x to 4.10 or download Sampletank 4 CS.  They are the same executable.  You still have to download the "SampleTank 4 CS Sounds" that is under your "My products" page. In this scenario, I don't belive you need to authorise the sounds.

If you do not have Sampletank 4 at all, then you need to download SampleTank 4 CS and the "SampleTank 4 CS Sounds".  Then authorise SampleTank 4 CS with the provided serial number.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Starise said:

I downloaded  ST CS. I have ST 4 pointing to the files..  What is confusing to me is that I already had the custom shop which covers TRacks  Amplitube and Sampletank.

Like all of the IK libraries they send you a zipped folders of everything . I think I might need to figure out exactly the best way to point to these files. I'm not sure this meta data is all in order.. I have Libraries from ST 3 , ST4SE and now I am downloading ST4 MAX files.  Everything prior to my MAX purchase is on one big folder. I decided to make separate folder for MAX and point ST to it as well.  I want to make sure I'm unzipping these libraries correctly. 230 gigs is a lot of files to accidentally put somewhere it isn't supposed to be. I REALLY wish IK had an automatic file downloader/unpacker and combiner. I understand it's in the works.

When it's all in the right place though it rocks. I like the way their explorer works and how it selects sounds both by instrument and mood or type.

I started from an existing ST4 Max 4.09. I had previously used an instrument content path for all of my ST3 stuff, that included Syntronik and Miro 2. Then I added a separate path for all of my ST4 Max instrument installers. So before I added CS, I had two discrete paths for content, ST3 & ST4.

Then I did the following to add the ST4 CS instruments:

• Upgraded to ST4 Max 4.10.
  • Authorized the ST4 CS serial in the Authorization Manager.
  • Downloaded and installed the ST4 CS instruments to my ST4 content path. I did not install the  ST4 CS application, as I already had Max.
  • Ensured both content paths were still showing correctly in ST4 settings UI for both ST3 and ST4 content.
  • Re-scanned.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am installing all my IK stuff on my new build. I have Total Studio MAX, which includes SampleTank 4 MAX. I also have Total Studio with ST 2, Miroslav and all the other synths.  I also have ST 3 and want to have all the sound available in ST4MAX. 

What would be the best way to install this? Does anyone know?

Because I have ST4MAX, does that mean I don't need to install all the previous versions of ST?