SampleTank 4 CS

cclarry

Just now, cclarry said:

This definitely has issues Pete...

For some.  The support team has seen a few reports but we've also had feedback that most have had experiences similar to what I posted (including brand new ST4 CS installs).  I know it is frustrating when you have issues, but we're not seeing a global bug here, just some reports that can easily be fixed by working with the team (and also with the reauthorization mentioned above).

With all the issues just in THIS forum, I think I would reserve a hasty judgement...
This has not been a smooth rollout...and, sadly for those who are first time users
of SampleTank that's not going to sit well...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3

......and it can't open the imported sounds either. I give up!

Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'F:/IK Multimedia/Samples/51 Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE/Miroslav Philharmonik 1/Choirs/Male Choirs/-Looped/Male Eh LP.pak'.

Edited by JoeGBradford

I'm an existing ST4 Max user.

Also be sure to re-check your content paths in ST4. After I ran the CS sounds installer, it had replaced my ST3 content path with another ST4 path. So I deleted all paths and re-added the correct paths and re-scanned.

All good and working now!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm an existing ST4 Max user.

Also be sure to re-check your content paths in ST4. After I ran the CS sounds installer, it had replaced my ST3 content path with another ST4 path. So I deleted and re-added the correct paths and re-scanned.

All good and working now!

I've done this, and to no avail.  No matter what sound I select I get the "Sounds not found" error message...pretty sad

• Sad 1

Well apart from a crash when loading one of the patches 😩 had a successful play through - some nice sounds in there - the String Arp is instant Michael Nyman! Some good synth sounds and the drawbar organ is pretty cool too. Think I'll stick to ST 3 for my imported sounds and Syntronik for the moment though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Also, if anybody has the issue with the sounds that don't unlock, I'm told if you re-run the Authorization Manager with your CS serial again now it should resolve that for you now.

This made the new ST 4 CS content available to me. Everything is working now -- thanks.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Also, if anybody has the issue with the sounds that don't unlock, I'm told if you re-run the Authorization Manager with your CS serial again now it should resolve that for you now.

I had the problem too. Re-authorizing fixed it. But, ya, it seems quite a few people had the problem unfortunately...

• Like 1

I updated and installed the CS sounds, mostly seemed to work OK.  But now in folder view when I select SampleTank 4 MAX I'm seeing the various categories but there is also a SampleTank 4 folder that appears to duplicate everything above it.  I don't remember that before.  I've rebuilt the database completely.

U0c6hu.jpg

12 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I updated and installed the CS sounds, mostly seemed to work OK.  But now in folder view when I select SampleTank 4 MAX I'm seeing the various categories but there is also a SampleTank 4 folder that appears to duplicate everything above it.  I don't remember that before.  I've rebuilt the database completely.

U0c6hu.jpg

I'm not seeing that Matthew. How are you getting "Folders" in the second column?

Mine shows categories (see below) and I cannot see how to change it.

ST4Max.thumb.jpg.ecd74067e0b6d56cdce46aee3561e8f9.jpg