Ableton Live
Cubase
Studio One
Logic Pro
FL Studio
Samplitude
Tracktion
Reaper (with plugin)

I think it shouldn't be a hard thing to implement. It just buffers the MIDI Data with specified amount when you are not recording. When you call it, it pastes the data from the memory to the track. That's pretty much it.

Think that you are jamming with your keyboard. You catch a great piece. You continue to play. It was a great piece. But you were not recording. Then you try it by recording but you couldn't do the same thing again. This feature will prevent you to lost your performance when you didn't record.

Edited by murat k.
  • Like 2

I'm still on board for this, both for my own benefit, and so that anyone considering CbB as a primary DAW is not put off by the lack of a feature that is so widely implemented.

• Like 1

Or you can just "have the tape rolling," as it were, every time.

More than once, I have nailed what would have been a keeper during a practice run so now I hit "record" first just in case.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, murat k. said:

DAW's with the Retrospective Recording Feature:

ProTools
Motu Digital Performer 
Ableton Live
Cubase
Studio One
Logic Pro
FL Studio
Samplitude
Tracktion
Reaper (with plugin)

Clearly those are built for folks who can't play the same thing twice over - We Cakewalkers must have superior muscle memory 😃 

12 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Clearly those are built for folks who can't play the same thing twice over - We Cakewalkers must have superior muscle memory 😃 

:) Muscle memory is for repeated actions. This is for a piece you play for the first time and you like it. It's like a beautiful girl you see on a bus once and never see her again.

• Like 1