Audio FX Plugins Not Working

Yesterday everything was fine. When I went in today to start a new project, applying an audio effect does not seem to work. I tried several of the Cakewalk provided ones as well as third party and the result is the same. No impact to the signal. I used the Sonitus Reverb to see if I could hear the obvious change from the dry to wet signal with no success. The VST instrument plugins are working fine. I’m at a loss as to what to do. Could there be a switch somewhere I need to turn on?

I was hoping that was the problem. I can hear the effects after recording a track in playback mode. I’d like to hear the effect as I’m recording, especially with guitar using an amp sim so I can get the feel for the part. So now when I record I have the dry track, playback I have the effect applied. I’m thinking there must be another toggle somewhere dealing with input monitoring but I haven’t found it. Thanks for the assist, scook.

All tracks record the data present at the input.

9 minutes ago, Hootieman52 said:

I’d like to hear the effect as I’m recording, especially with guitar using an amp sim so I can get the feel for the part.

Enable Input Echo - the button to the right of the record button.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I have just had a similar problem with effects. I'm using an old version (Sonar Producer) which is working well on Windows 10. Today I was choosing time/pitch stretch from Process > Audio Effect > Cakewalk, then time/pitch stretch is the last option. I  must have missed something when clicking on it because some popup box appeared and I clicked out of it (too hasty!) and time/pitch stretch disappeared from the drop-down. I've tried reinstalling twice from the disc and it is not there. I'm mystified.

Also, when I installed Sonar on my new computer after the old one died, I can no longer use the effects from the Process > Audio Effect drop-down like chorus, echo, flanger, etc. Those choices are not grayed out, but when I choose an audio clip and click on any of those choices nothing happens.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Rob Nelson said:

I'm using an old version (Sonar Producer) which is working well on Windows 10.

The solution to the OP's issue was clicking a button. I suspect that your issue would take more work to fix, if there were anyone left around to help fix it.

Maybe it's time to take that free upgrade. Cakewalk by BandLab. 'Cause it sounds like maybe SONAR Producer is starting to not work that well on Windows 10.