Apparently, it's gone...

craigb

25 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

Oh, pray tell?  What didn't you include?

Don't be so timid!  Focus Craig, Focus!  It is your duty!

go whole hog or go away, I say.

Just don't go whole hog in China.  Rumor has it that drones have been infecting pig farms there and 40% of all the pigs in China have been wiped out.

News is a business. A product that is sold and people make money off of it. They go after an intended audience. I don't see how a person would be confident in everything they say. If you are exposed to a state run press,  things are even worse. 

Neither is everything they say a lie. Comparative analysis among news outlets will show different views of the same events, sometimes grossly extrapolated. Sometimes minus important info.There's enough truth in it to make you think it's all true. Video can now be manipulated so well that you can't really tell what's real and what isn't real. Most people rely on that screen to elighten them on what's happening. I does a great job of that, though I think we often need to read between the lines. It seems that what they ( news delivery) think is important at the time trumps anything else....no matter that there is always a lot more going on. They are just very selective.

News is consumed and they are choosing your meals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

News is a business. A product that is sold and people make money off of it. They go after an intended audience. I don't see how a person would be confident in everything they say. If you are exposed to a state run press,  things are even worse. 

Neither is everything they say a lie. Comparative analysis among news outlets will show different views of the same events, sometimes grossly extrapolated. Sometimes minus important info.There's enough truth in it to make you think it's all true. Video can now be manipulated so well that you can't really tell what's real and what isn't real. Most people rely on that screen to elighten them on what's happening. I does a great job of that, though I think we often need to read between the lines. It seems that what they ( news delivery) think is important at the time trumps anything else....no matter that there is always a lot more going on. They are just very selective.

News is consumed and they are choosing your meals.

I never read or watch the "News" (i.e., mass media).  Of course, now, with net neutrality gone and the "FANG's" (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix & Google) censoring things, it's getting far more difficult to find out what's really going on!

3 hours ago, Old Joad said:

I became a statistic today, I lost my job because of all this mess....

Sorry to hear that homie , here in France its covered by the partial inactivity indemnisation , and that s why we fight every year in the streets , to try to keep our rights each time they fuked up something ... (they re trying to play us like the did to you guyz for retreats ...forcing people to go on private investement to have money after job)

If we can do some here just ask .

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

In China they have a severe population problem.   Abortion is almost mandatory on females.  I believe their government created this to leash on their own people.   I think this will eventually crash their economy.    People will probably stop buying made in China when it comes to stuff being ingested.  Fewer Chinese imports, especially their diseases.

I don t think so , all the roads ends up in uk and usa ( no surpirses) , china is actually one of the most organised and efficient country i know man .... the handle near to billion people like no other while we struggle with 60 millions here ..lol 

3 hours ago, Zo said:

I don t think so , all the roads ends up in uk and usa ( no surpirses) , china is actually one of the most organised and efficient country i know man .... the handle near to billion people like no other while we struggle with 60 millions here ..lol 

I don't think so.  I guess if you favor communism. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't think so.  I guess if you favor communism. 

Lol France was moking China at start , with quarantine and army in the street , we reached the exact same situation today ...

You judge my friend , comunism has nothing to here ...  just facts , objectivity , curiosity and time spent to make my own opinion that of course i don t consider as the absolute truth .

Cheers . And stay safe guyz .

On 3/14/2020 at 12:11 PM, Starise said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....Wibbles, I only read what is typed and take it at face value.  I don't get into what kind of a relationship someone has with someone else. Just note that what you type here, if it is in any way name calling or bashing as a result of someone having a different view than you do will be reported to the mods.

Well, read what is typed then.

Saying Craig likes to trot out an idea which I think is a bonkers wing-nut conspiracy theory, is not calling Craig names or bashing him. It's my opinion on the UN Agenda 21 idea.

Craig's response: "Going back to UN Agenda 21, sorry Nigel, it's DEFINITELY not a conspiracy theory though I wish it was!". A difference of opinion, that's all.

If I had been referring to someone else, I would have used different wording. In the last couple of years Craig and I have had almost daily exchanges. Lots of agreements and lots differences of opinion. Lots of friendly banter. We make each other laugh, we like to poke fun at each other. No offence intended, none taken. 

Let's move on from this and try and enjoy some friendly exchanges from now on. :)

Edited by Wibbles

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Well, read what is typed then.

Saying Craig likes to trot out an idea which I think is a bonkers wing-nut conspiracy theory, is not calling Craig names or bashing him. It's my opinion on the UN Agenda 21 idea.

Craig's response: "Going back to UN Agenda 21, sorry Nigel, it's DEFINITELY not a conspiracy theory though I wish it was!". A difference of opinion, that's all.

If I had been referring to someone else, I would have used different wording. In the last couple of years Craig and I have had almost daily exchanges. Lots of agreements and lots differences of opinion. Lots of friendly banter. We make each other laugh, we like to poke fun at each other. No offence intended, none taken. 

Let's move on from this and try and enjoy some friendly exchanges from now on. :)

We will have to disagree on that one Wibbles. This comes from a very personal level for me because after much serious investigation and homework into a subject to have someone tell another person their ideas are and I quote "wing nut conspiracy theory" takes the easy way out of an otherwise serious subject matter. I haven't been under a rock. I realize that this has all been going of for ages and it starts in grade school whenever one kid wants to bully or make fun of the other kid. Craig really wasn't the issue. I don't agree with some of what he says. The issue was your response to it.  Apparently some people think that it's ok to disrespect another person simply because they don't agree with them. The discredit was admittedly indirect. It's a guilty by association. If you don't see that I won't attempt to take it any further. Even if your statements were in humor I think if you are honest this is really what you feel about the view and you added a label to discredit his ideas.

This idea is as old as the hills. Make the other side look small in any way you can. I'm not accusing you here, but in most cases, anyone who  has ANY ideas that don't conform immediately to most common public thought are made out to be "conspiracy theorists" "nutters" "wack jobs' a few fries short of a happy meal...you get the idea.Much of the time the common public opinion is simply wrong. People choose a side they like and adopt the view with no further investigation. I would say this is often the case.

In many ways this shows an insecurity coming from the other side, that rather than intelligently discuss a subject, they resort to belittling even if indirect.

If you look at the true meaning of conspiracy and then look at history you will see that there have been many conspiracies. Looking at how they work is like looking at the "widow maker" heart attacks. If you don't check it out and assume the worst it's eventually too late. It is wise to investigate theories if you value your own self preservation.