Invisible - latest experiment - latest mix 3/16/20

Lynn Wilson

17 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

You have a nice rock voice!  The vocodor sound is  a unique one.  Sounds like you had fun.

Thanks, David, I did have a lot of fun.  I just started humming and scatting into this f/x, and it resulted in this song.  That's just scratching the surface, so stay tuned.

5 hours ago, garybrun said:

Hi Lynn.
Like this track.. and its groove.
Can hear the differences to the previous mix.

Is something ducking the vocals?
On my system I find it hard to hear what you are singing ... are you shy of your voice??  🙂
More upfront please  (my taste)
Would love to hear the track without so much vocoder as you have a great voice.  (my preference again)

Gary, I'm not ducking the vocal, but I can understand your concern.  The vocal actually consists of 3 layers- one with f/x and 2 without.  I may have gotten caught up in the "Invisible" motif a little too much regarding the mix?  I don't mind remixing this, and thank you for taking a second listen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

@Lynn Only heard the second mix, for me I would like to hear the vox up a tad more just to lift it out.  The bass sounds fine here.

Just as a matter of interest for us other country peeps what month is the 16 month 😉

LOL the 16th month depends on what country one lives in ;)

Wookie, thanks for taking the time!  Perhaps you've noticed that a few others have said the same thing about the vocal.  This is exactly what I'm looking for.  Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Lynn
There for a while I thought it was just me not hearing the voc well. Thought maybe it's time to get hearing aids (like my wife is always telling me). Anyway, the voc track could be boosted a bit IMO. I like your musical style which fits your voice well.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, bjornpdx said:

Lynn
There for a while I thought it was just me not hearing the voc well. Thought maybe it's time to get hearing aids (like my wife is always telling me). Anyway, the voc track could be boosted a bit IMO. I like your musical style which fits your voice well.

OK, I turned the vox up. https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14005443  more?

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, bjornpdx said:

Thought maybe it's time to get hearing aids (like my wife is always telling me

Tell her "No Dice!" Totally will screw up your "selective" hearing. That's the only thing making "old age" bearable!
Well that and my "adult onset tourette's"; I can say anything I want and the Americans with Disabilities Act protects me.

Sorry to hijack your thread Lynn, I think it sounds great!

Your tune, your production!

did we review Defying Gravity? another good one!

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 6:58 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Tell her "No Dice!" Totally will screw up your "selective" hearing. That's the only thing making "old age" bearable!
Well that and my "adult onset tourette's"; I can say anything I want and the Americans with Disabilities Act protects me.

Sorry to hijack your thread Lynn, I think it sounds great!

Your tune, your production!

did we review Defying Gravity? another good one!

t

Thank you again, Tom.  I did post Defying Gravity a few years ago, and it got a good response.  It inspired the astronaut picture on my website.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, kakku said:

Very nice

Thank you so much kakku.  Especially all your support over the past years!

On 3/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, bjornpdx said:

Yep, sounds better now.

Good deal!  I tend to agree.

Wow!  Who's your sax player?  Sounds great!  As far as the vox, I really don't think it adds anything to this.  It would sound just as good with just your natural voice, but I have a Vocalsynth too and I know how fun it is to play with toys like this.

Neat tune!

😀John B

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Makke said:

Good composition and rhythm. Vocals are a bit hide in the mix in my opinion. Otherwise a pleasant song and sounds.

Thanks Makke!  The vocals were designed to be a bit obscured, thus the title "Invisible".

On 3/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Nice one Lynn, enjoyed it, has that Gabriel vibe.

I'm on laptop so can't really comment on the mix but maybe the hat & that high end type wash could come down a notch to help the vox stick out more.

Thanks for your reply.  Good observation!  I'll take that into account on the next pass.

16 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Wow!  Who's your sax player?  Sounds great!  As far as the vox, I really don't think it adds anything to this.  It would sound just as good with just your natural voice, but I have a Vocalsynth too and I know how fun it is to play with toys like this.

Neat tune!

😀John B

Appreciate your comments, John.  You know you have to do something with these toys ;)  That's why this is called an experiment.  Sorry that I've been short on time lately, but I'll try to get to your songs very soon.  I'm afraid this pandemic has caused some degree of mayhem in my family that I have to attend to,  Take care everybody!

• Like 1