Cakewalk: system font - size and type

pdarg

I don't know if this is yet in the planning - or if there is some obscure setting I haven't found yet, but . . . it sure would be nice if we could adjust the system font type/size within the track view and other places. 

Should I make a formal feature request for this?

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 4

9 hours ago, pdarg said:

I don't know if this is yet in the planning - or if there is some obscure setting I haven't found yet, but . . . it sure would be nice if we could adjust the system font type/size within the track view and other places. 

Should I make a formal feature request for this?

+1 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Where were you guys 2 years ago to the day when I submitted my request in the Feedback Forum??? :D

The more that respond to a request (click LIKE button) may garner attention from the bakers.

Also more font contrast in some areas.

Theme Editor in dark mode is almost completely impossible for me to read until a change is made.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

Where were you guys 2 years ago to the day when I submitted my request in the Feedback Forum??? :D

The more that respond to a request (click LIKE button) may garner attention from the bakers.

Also more font contrast in some areas.

Theme Editor in dark mode is almost completely impossible for me to read until a change is made.

+1 please. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 1:08 AM, Cristiano Sadun said:

+1 

I'm not getting any younger - and neither is anybody else! 😀

Ah, so that's what's been happening! Fortunately, my glaucoma is totally under control. ;)

Unfortunately, font size is often dictated by the amount of screen real-estate available. You can't just make everything bigger without sacrificing some other information. And Cakewalk has no control over plugin vendors' font choices. Just don't get your expectations too high is all I'm saying.

I hate to say it, but for those of us with sub-ideal eyesight the best solution is indeed a bigger monitor. I just replaced two 22" monitors with a single 34" screen. Even though the total display area has been reduced, I can now read the text much better. No more sliding things down to the main monitor just to read them. Pretty happy now with two matching 34" displays. Unfortunately, they are mounted one above the other rather than side-by-side (not practical, as they'd block my speakers) and my neck gets sore after doing a long editing session on the upper screen.

• Like 1

The problem for me is the font size in relation to the whole GUI. Making everything bigger just to see a few numerical digits is counter productive as you now see less of what you're working on.

I have an old screenshot of an X1 project that shows the Time Ruler digits 1 or 2 points larger than the current offering. Not sure why they would shrink them but they've been more difficult to see since.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Ah, so that's what's been happening! Fortunately, my glaucoma is totally under control. ;)

Unfortunately, font size is often dictated by the amount of screen real-estate available. You can't just make everything bigger without sacrificing some other information. And Cakewalk has no control over plugin vendors' font choices. Just don't get your expectations too high is all I'm saying.

I hate to say it, but for those of us with sub-ideal eyesight the best solution is indeed a bigger monitor. I just replaced two 22" monitors with a single 34" screen. Even though the total display area has been reduced, I can now read the text much better. No more sliding things down to the main monitor just to read them. Pretty happy now with two matching 34" displays. Unfortunately, they are mounted one above the other rather than side-by-side (not practical, as they'd block my speakers) and my neck gets sore after doing a long editing session on the upper screen.

@bitflipper and you know what they prescribe for glaucoma!

I found that the larger the monitor and the higher the resolution, the smaller the fonts seemed to get.

I posted for help and the recommendation I got was to actually make the change in my Windows display settings. Problem solved?

Fast forward x years, and I can't figure out why some of my 3rd party plug-in GUIs have a section of the window cut off-- sometimes removing functions.

Yeah, you're right. The Windows display settings!!

Now, I just stretch my neck forward to see the functions in CW. +1 if they would bake in text resizing!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...